PDA

View Full Version : Dr has referred me for ultrasound. (Lump)

Rossi_h
05-02-21, 09:15
Hi people, I have been little worried about a lump on my back, just under where my neck finishes and near my right shoulder. I went to the Dr's to get it checked and she felt it and says possibly a 'Lipoma'? but would like me to get ultrasound to check.

Just a little concerned obviously and was wondering if anyone else has had the same sort of lump? in the same sort of area?

Thanks.

:)

bin tenn
06-02-21, 16:01
I know you asked for folks who have a similar lump in the same area. While I don't, I can say that I have multiple lipomas all over the place - arms, back, abdomen, legs, sides. They used to worry me, but when I once showed them to my doc, he asked some questions and based on my answers he said they're fine, leave them be. Lipomas are weird, and there's still so little known about them, but we do know they're harmless. Just a cosmetic concern in some cases.

I hope you find relief soon, and I hope things check out well with the ultrasound. It sounds like you're in good hands.

Carys
06-02-21, 16:48
Yes, I have had (and still have) a few lipomas. Some have been checked by the GP with ultrasound at the surgery (no referral needed), but a couple I just know myself what they are, by the feel and how they can be lifted from the skin and are kind of 'loose'. One was removed from the top of my left shoulder many years ago, as was right under a bra strap as causing grief. The rest are 'cosmetic issues' and to be honest I've not bothered to do anything as I know what they are. I actually managed to 'get rid' of one a few years ago that was on my spine, by daily massaging and pressing of it, it clearly broke the fat up (which is what they are) and it entirely disappeared. Some people seem to be predisposed to them, but they are somewhat mysterious.

Fishmanpa
06-02-21, 16:50
I had one on my lower back that I had removed because it was getting larger and causing discomfort. Most of the time they just leave them alone as they're more cosmetic and not a big deal.

Positive thoughts

bin tenn
07-02-21, 05:31
Yes, I have had (and still have) a few lipomas. Some have been checked by the GP with ultrasound at the surgery (no referral needed), but a couple I just know myself what they are, by the feel and how they can be lifted from the skin and are kind of 'loose'. One was removed from the top of my left shoulder many years ago, as was right under a bra strap as causing grief. The rest are 'cosmetic issues' and to be honest I've not bothered to do anything as I know what they are. I actually managed to 'get rid' of one a few years ago that was on my spine, by daily massaging and pressing of it, it clearly broke the fat up (which is what they are) and it entirely disappeared. Some people seem to be predisposed to them, but they are somewhat mysterious.

The one you "got rid of", did it ever come back? I ask because in some cases I've read about, at least with surgical removal, they tend to grow back. Which makes them even more strange. Haha.

Carys
07-02-21, 07:06
Hi bin tenn, no it didn't, and that was nearly 40 years ago :)