PDA

View Full Version : Treatment for Ectopic Heratbeats

Lilolil
06-11-07, 18:13
Hi

Has anyone had any treatments for ectopic heartbeats that have been helpful? I have in the past had 2 different beta blockers but they have not had any effect and just made me feel ill.

I am having a heart scan tomorrow and i will be seeing my cardiologist next Friday. Thought i would ask in case someone has had some success with something, then i could mention it to him.

Thanks

TracyL
06-11-07, 23:30
Hi

I have been on beta blockers which have helped sometimes but are not helping at all now. I had a heart scan yesterday and looks like basically my heart is ok but i get the ectopics/extra/irregular beats pretty much constantly. They are driving me crazy. If you get any answers I would be most interested.

thanks heaps
Tracy

Lilolil
07-11-07, 08:21
Will keep you posted. I am writing a list of questions that i want to ask next week. I think he will be glad to get rid of me by the time i've finished :)

xx

loopy loo
07-11-07, 08:34
Hi Lillolil,
Can you help me with these ectopics? I too get them constantly and wondered what your cardiologist said about them? I took beta blockers but they made me feel quite ill. I took a low dose of amitriptyline too which helped me relax but they can contribute to ectopics:weep:, a real shame. Feeling really scared and low as i'm struggling to cope big time but all i seem to get told is don't worry about them!
Loopy Loo

Dan21
07-11-07, 20:00
Hi,

Do any of you get an occasional ache in the chest with your ectopics or just after them?

Thanks

D

TracyL
08-11-07, 00:34
Hi Lillolil

I also get these irregular beats constantly. I have sufferered with them for over 20 odd years intermittantly but for last few months they have been constant. My heart goes out to you hun (no pun intended lol). I know how horrible they are and how they can take over your life. I have been told over and over again that they're nothing to worry about and nearly everyone gets them but we just feel them heaps more. I even cut out most caffeine etc and all the things that i thought could be prolonging them but still having them so i've gone back to drinking my ice coffee and eating chocolate (i'm getting them anyway so may as well lol).

Take care hun you're not alone.

Hi to you Dan, yep i often gets aches during and afterwards. I've been told all to do with the muscles etc

Good luck to us all

Hugs Tracy

Lilolil
09-11-07, 09:22
Well, i had my heart scan on wednesday and the lady that scanned me said it was normal. I did have a couple of ectopics while she was dong it so at least they could see what my heart does when i am having them.

I am seeing the cardiologist next friday, so will let you know what the outcome is.

x