PDA

View Full Version : Please help me get off this ledge

Mrschurchill
06-02-21, 11:15
I am in a downward HA spiral and it’s becoming really hard to live my normal life. 😔
Randomly this one only started a week ago but it’s completely paralysed me and my anxiety is through the roof.

Last Thursday I saw the doctor about a mole on my arm. I’ve had it for YEARS but it’s started to catch on my T-shirt so thought it was best to get it double checked. All good and doctor was very happy that nothing further was needed. This was enough for me so I was happy!

Saturday night I went to bed and I was so hot under my duvet, like I could feel the heat throughout my body but no fever, sweating and didn’t happen any other time than when I was under the duvet. It’s currently freezing in Scotland and I sleep with a fan on aswell so the room wasn’t too warm.
It took me hours to finally fall asleep and thought it was so weird, something that hadn’t happened before.

Monday morning I woke up with a horrible pain inbetween my shoulder blade. Like a trapped nerve or pulled muscle. It hurt to eat, when food passed the area. This lasted 2 days and then disappeared. I now have this fullness feeling in my left shoulder and chest, feels like a pulled/irritated muscle.

Last night (Friday) I had the hot feeling in bed again. It was awful and took me hours to fall asleep again. No fever or sweating again but as if my whole body was burning up. Immediately going to normal when the bed covers were off.

So yeah I am now in a complete HA mess where my mind is confused and worried, more so because I can’t pinpoint what could be causing this.

Jeez that was long winded and I thank you if you’ve lasted this long!

Any advice? Should I see a doctor? My husband rolls his eyes at me now 😭😭

NoraB
06-02-21, 11:52
Any advice? Should I see a doctor?

What for?

Mole is fine. You've pulled a muscle in your back which is very common with anxiety (tensing all the time) and also doing less because of the lockdown and that area of your back will naturally feel a bit tender for a while.

RE feeling hot? It's not a fever and you're not sweating. Anxiety can cause hot flushes, as can the menopause (don't know if that applies to you or not) or maybe your duvet is packing too many TOGS?

Or maybe it's your body ovulating - in which case body temp naturally rises?

I really don't see any reason to see a doctor?:shrug:

Mrschurchill
06-02-21, 11:56
Thank you I appreciate your response. I feel like I am going out my mind. Genuinely feel like I’m on a cliff edge but can’t pinpoint the exact reason I am there. Normally my HA is caused by a very specific reason (headache = brain tumour, mole = skin cancer) but this time because it’s quite random it’s messing with my head.

Bloody anxiety.

NoraB
06-02-21, 12:00
Thank you I appreciate your response. I feel like I am going out my mind. Genuinely feel like I’m on a cliff edge but can’t pinpoint the exact reason I am there. Normally my HA is caused by a very specific reason (headache = brain tumour, mole = skin cancer) but this time because it’s quite random it’s messing with my head.

Bloody anxiety.

Yeah, I get it. I've been there. But I'm not there now, and I can do what you're struggling to - which is to see things rationally. This is just your mind playing tricks on you. You're fine. X

Mrschurchill
06-02-21, 12:05
Thank you! Going to get myself out the house today and enjoy some fresh air x