PDA

View Full Version : Rib cage looks swollen on right side

alcopop
07-02-21, 14:59
Hi all

I am in a terrible state with panic right now.

About a month ago, I noticed an area on my right side (rib cage - kind of half way up) and it appeared to stick out a bit more, like more rounded than the other side.
I put it down to my weight gain (maybe a roll of fat / lighting), but today I noticed it again when I got out of the shower.

I have been weighing it up, checking from all angles, showing my other half (who says he can't see/feel anything)... and I'm just convinced it's something terrible.

On the one hand it, could have always been like that... but then surely I'd have noticed it before.

Please could somebody talk some sense into me and help me to rationalise it. I am shaking with fear, have been sick and cannot think of anything else

Carys
07-02-21, 15:00
Alcopop, you have had some replies to you 'early Dementia' thread started yesterday.

People aren't symmetrical.

alcopop
07-02-21, 15:14
Thanks, Carys for your replies to that and this. I am just a nervous wreck at the moment and new fears keep popping out of nowhere.

Carys
07-02-21, 15:39
Its easy to convince yourself of anything Alcopop, you can 'see' things as clear as day, that simply aren't there to other people.