PDA

View Full Version : Does it ever freaking end?

ThrowawayLurker
07-02-21, 15:12
Close to 25 years I've been dealing with this shit and though I've had my down times where I didn't have any anxiety, the times like now more than make up for it.'

For some reason lately I've become obsessed with COVID. Every time someone in my house coughs I lose it. Every time I clear my throat, or blow my nose or whatever, I think this is it... never mind the stats that a healthy person at my age has a better chance of being struck by lightning than dying from this. Media induced panic?

And eventually this will just be replaced by something else equally as dire. And again. And again. And again.

pav1984
07-02-21, 18:47
To be fair to you there is no escape from covid. If the tv in the US is like the UK, then you will struggle to avoid the subject. My advice is to take all the reasonable precautions like hand hygiene and space and then look at the statistics. Although sadly lots have died, the vast majority survive and it's this along with the precautions that will help you.

I know there is no hard evidence but worth looking into vitamin d. It looks promising and even if it does nothing is considered quite safe. Obviously check with your doctor first if in doubt

ThrowawayLurker
07-02-21, 19:43
I've taken vit D long before the pandemic along with getting lots of sun when I can. I mask up when appropriate and sanitize or wash my hands any time I leave the house.

Yeah the TV news is wall to wall covid coverage. I've basically stopped watching. Nothing ever positive to report. Even the ad breaks are about "get tested often."

I guess I speak for everyone, but this cannot end soon enough! I want life to return to normal.

pav1984
07-02-21, 20:15
You have done all you can. You are not on your own feeling like this, I think covid is on most people's minds and I think we all have had enough of it.

To top things off Scotland beat England in the rugby yesterday and there were no pubs open to drown our sorrows 😀