PDA

View Full Version : Weird pain on the right side

Lana
08-02-21, 14:12
Hello all,

I have been having some pain on the upper right quadrant, below my ribs, on and off since November. There were periods with no pain at all, and then sometimes it is present for hours. It is not bad pain, just sort of discomfort, almost like some burning. I was very afraid of something related to liver, or gall bladder or worse, and my doctor ordered most comprehensive blood tests for all organs, and it all came back normal, thank God. I also have normal bathroom habits,no color issues in either habit, so I do not know what this could possibly be. Do not get me wrong - I am very happy that nothing was found, but this stupid discomfort , since the tests last week, is almost little worse. I do not know what to do, because I would be ashamed to go back to the doctor. Any suggestion or piece of advice is greatly appreciated.

Cptdebbie
08-02-21, 17:43
Hi Lana,
I’ve experienced pain like this a few times. The first time it was because I had gallstones. I had my gallbladder removed over a decade ago, so I’m not certain how docs do it now, but I was diagnosed with an ultrasound. My gallbladder was removed laparoscopically, and I felt tons better after.

My current episode with this pain has been going on since last April. After a colonoscopy, ct scan, and regular old fashioned X-ray, I was diagnosed as being severely constipated. Hahaha. I glad it wasn’t anything worse, but I’ve had a lot of tests and doctor visits.

Maybe you’re just backed up too. However, my advice is to definitely go back to your doctor. If it’s your gallbladder, it is best to get it taken care of.

Best,

Lana
09-02-21, 18:09
Cptdebbie, thank you for your advice.

I will wait a little , for sure, after all the test being normal ( and negative).

alcopop
09-02-21, 19:23
Hi Lana

I have been having the exact pain/discomfort under my right rib cage. I've had blood tests and everything was fine. I believe it is down to a harmless condition called Costochondritis which is simply an inflammation of the rib cartilage. There are a few FB groups for is, and members often express this very concern - about pain under the ribs on the right.
Try not to feel the area too much as this seems (for me) to inflame the area further.

Hope this helps reassure you somewhat :)

Lana
09-02-21, 20:31
Hey Alcopop,

Thank you much. My doctor ( who is internist, and had all this tests ordered for me), goes even further: he believes it may be a phantom pain. He has known me for many years, and I certainly did have pains that felt real but were coming from my mind. But I will not press on it, or anything. All the comprehensive tests helped my mind a lot. He certainly does not think it has anything to do with gall bladder ( which I thought it may have).