PDA

View Full Version : A health fear I can't shake has returned - bladder/urethra symptoms! Support welcome

lilysmith123
08-02-21, 22:10
Hi guys,

Unfortunately I am back again! I first joined last year due to bladder / urethral symptoms I was having. I only really had them for about 2 weeks but HA meant I focused on my normal functions for so long and lived in panic as we all do. I convinced myself this would never go away, I'd have no life, that I had interstitial cystitis, I'd end up with a catheter etc.. I essentially had a mental breakdown last year over this and seriously contemplated if I wanted to live. I went into hospital convinced there was something wrong, and ended up being discharged. I went to therapy and gradually put my life back together.

I've been doing better. I went to therapy (had to stop because of furlough cash flow) but I was doing much better and have coping strategies. I went back to university to get my dream career, and was feeling much better.

However, the last few days I've noticed the symptoms reappear. I feel like I am leaking a very slight amount of urine constantly, (tmi so sorry :weep:) but not enough to mark my underwear. (I have tested positive for BV several weeks ago and waiting on my prescription coming into stock so maybe it is this) and I also feel a slight feeling around my urethra after urinating like a spasm? I also have burning after going but around my lady area! But I've noticed a feeling of a slight full bladder - not a crazy urge to go, but that feeling where your body reminds you you might have to go soon. I can ignore this and wait no problem, but now I'm afraid I'm going to spiral the way I did last year. I've also noticed a slight ache around my pelvis where I imagine my bladder is.

I am really trying not to panic, and hoping it's just because I've had some family stress triggering this. I've never had a symptom that I keep returning to with HA before. Normally I move on after a few months but I keep spiralling back to this and I'm so worried for my mental health in conjunction with the lockdown as there is no distraction.

Any advice? Words of wisdom for this HA fool?

lilysmith123
09-05-21, 22:44
After doing better for a while with no symptoms (or very minimal!!) I have once again spiralled back to this horrible symptom and again am living in fear that I have interstitial cystitis. I went to the bathroom the other day and had to go again 30 minutes later (a full pee!) then it happened again today an hour after peeing. I also noticed when exercising that I can feel like a full bladder when I move certain positions - it was a dance workout. I'm fighting tears and anxiety that I will end up as bad as I was in the summer of last year. I am so worried this is IC and that I will have an urge to pee forever and I won't be able to enjoy my life and my partner will leave me etc. So awful.

TKL04
24-05-21, 08:33
Hi lily!
How are you getting on with this?
I’ve been having the same issues and also tested positive for BV. I completed the metronidazole gel last week.
Hope you’re doing ok xx

Munchlet
24-05-21, 14:08
Hi

I just wondered if you are using any scented products to wash in that area? I only ask because I have this problem and have had it on and off forever. I have found that it always seems to flare if I use anything too scented in the area to wash with. As a result I now used unperfumed/unfragranced and chemical free and I think it has helped a great deal.
The other thing with this is it's always worse when I focus on it. One of those lovely anxiety symptoms that the more I stress the more I notice it!