PDA

View Full Version : White spots on tonsils

BlueEyesShining
09-02-21, 11:33
Hi.

I noticed this first two months ago. I felt slight pain in my throat and I noticed white spots (maybe pus) when I looked at the mirror.
First, I thought that I have caught Covid but the PCR test came out negative.
The spots and the soreness went away within a couple of days without treatment and I forgot about them.

Until yesterday. I noticed the same soreness and the same spots on the tonsils and this morning I made another test for Covid (even though it is unlikelly that I got it), but I was highly anxious and I havent slept the whole night. So I had to reassure myself. Now I am waiting for the results.

So if it is not the virus, what could be causing my sore throat?

Important: In the last couple of months I had a couple of different sex partners after abstaining from sex for a couple of years(!) and yes, we have unprotected sex sometimes (oral sex too).
So what are the chances that my sore throat is caused by a STD or mononucleosis?

Important (2): The first time and this time too I got this soreness and spots in the same night after having unprotected oral sex. (immediately when I came home)

Please help, I am so so afraid ...

Carys
09-02-21, 18:28
I think you've asked some very 'medical' questions here BlueEyesShining, and really only a doctor would be able to answer them. There could be any number of reasons for the sore throat and white spots - tonsillitis being one of them, but also many others. The fact that these spots are coming and going is a good sign, and maybe you just need a swab done of your throat - nothing major to find out whats causing it.YOu say you are very afraid, but I'm not sure which particular outcome you are afraid of ?

BlueEyesShining
09-02-21, 19:28
I think you've asked some very 'medical' questions here BlueEyesShining, and really only a doctor would be able to answer them. There could be any number of reasons for the sore throat and white spots - tonsillitis being one of them, but also many others. The fact that these spots are coming and going is a good sign, and maybe you just need a swab done of your throat - nothing major to find out whats causing it.YOu say you are very afraid, but I'm not sure which particular outcome you are afraid of ?

Thank you for your reply!

I just got the results from the PCR and it is not covid, I am negative. Just as I thought...

So I will have to do other tests. I dont think that it is a strep throat as I really have no other symptoms, no fever, no nausea, I feel pretty good.

I am actually afraid from STDs. Yes, my behaviour has been a bit irresponsible lately and that's why I am afraid.