PDA

View Full Version : Gp Not Happy With My Appointement With Bupa

miss motown
06-11-07, 21:53
Hi I Went To See My Gp As Ive Been Concerned Over The Amount Of Time Ive Been Taking Pothiden And Diazipan Ive Been Takin These Tablets For Atleast 8years Without A Break And Was Told By Lots Of People You Shouldent Take Them Long Term,anyway I Just Told Her That Ive Got An Appointment With Bupa For The 16th Dec She Looked At Me With Horror And Asked With A Nasty Tone Wot The Hell For I Told Her I Wasnt Happy With The Chest Pains And Dizziness And Other Things Ive Been Experiencing And Thought To Put My Mind At Rest Id Like To Go Along To Bupa She Looked At Me And Said Well Its Nice To Be Able To Affored It So Close To Xmas And I Will Only Come Home With Wot I Already No I Suffer With Anxiety I Was So Annoyed With Her I Got Up Made My Way To The Door And Said Well Doctor Dosent That Tell You Something If I Was Taken Seriously Everytime I Came Into The Surgery I Wouldent Feel The Need To Go And Seek Help Else Were God I Was Soooo Annoyed With Her I Woldent Wish This Illness On Anyone But For A Split Second I Just Wished It On Her Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Breatheon
06-11-07, 22:14
Hiya

Been there and done that! I also wasn't happy with the advice a previous doctor was giving a while back and so I went to one of those walk-in Medicentres for an appointment and an ECG.

I also got a hard time about it from the usual doctor who told me I had wasted my money and that I didn't even know if the person I had seen was properly qualified.

He probably had a point and maybe your doctor did as well if they were thinking that the best advice can only be given when they have only got our full medical history and notes, but I think that both seriously need to improve their way of talking with people!!

Take care and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Chris

Dying_Swan
06-11-07, 23:09
Oh Miss that's a disgrace!

You need to get a different GP hun - you shouldn't have to put up with being spoken to like that.

Good luck with Bupa appointment xxx :flowers: