PDA

View Full Version : smells

unsure_about_this
10-02-21, 16:14
My anxiety is playing up, as I think I can smell things which are not there, like smoked cheese in the kitchen. and vanish smells in the dining room (my dad could not smell it)

I am now thinking this could be a brain tumor, even though I had a brain scan last year, not because of my anxiety, but because I suffer from NF and have a non cancerous spot/bright spot/lump or whatever it is the pons of the brain. and had no chances, I think it going smaller.

I have not been out for a while, because of the snow/ice

unsure_about_this
10-02-21, 16:22
I know that we got a dripping tap in the sink bathroom (it got a crack in the tap) we are replacing the whole sink and the sink has a crack in, I don't know whether this is causing the bathroom to smell.

AntsyVee
10-02-21, 21:00
If you're female, it's probably hormonal.

pulisa
10-02-21, 21:22
It's good to know that your brain scan was very reassuring, Phil. I think this could be your anxiety playing up as you suspect. The more you worry about smells, the more you will perceive them.

NancyW
11-02-21, 14:51
I've had random smells for years and years, did a little research on it long before I gave up Google.

Something as simple as a cold can cause a permanent mistep in our smell.

Its a non issue. If you had a brain tumor (which is what I'm sure your worried about) you'd have very very worrisome symptoms.