PDA

View Full Version : Melanoma or Blood Blister Worry :(

AnxiousForever
10-02-21, 20:15
It's been YEARS since I have had a real bout of health anxiety but it's back again.

3 weeks ago I saw that I assumed to be a blood blister on my toe. It would have appeared almost over night but it didn't hurt. It is in a place where it would be explained by friction against another toe.

However, as you all know, you always worry it's something else so I immediately concerned about melanoma. I overcome that fear a bit and thought I would leave it.

Three weeks on it's exactly the same. Not bigger, not smaller, same colour, same shape.

So I guess my question is: How long does it normally take for blood blisters to heal?

bin tenn
10-02-21, 20:44
I don't have a definitive answer, but I would imagine anything on the feet may take a while to heal. The feet are used often for walking and such, but also putting on shoes. Give it time, it will resolve itself. If you're still concerned you can ask your doctor, of course.

lofwyr
15-02-21, 17:06
If it doesn't go away, get it looked at. That said, our bodies take a while to heal. Hopefully, by the time you read this, it is sloughing off and gone ;)