PDA

View Full Version : hashimoto thyroiditis-does anyone have it?

littlemiss_sunshine
06-11-07, 23:26
does anyone else suffer from this? n how does it affect u?
x

josephine
07-11-07, 08:41
Hi,I have Hashimotos disease. Its an auto immune disease when your anti bodies attack your thyroid. I have had it for about 12 years since i had my son. I have been taking thyroxine for all that time and when my levels were adjusted i felt normal, up until then i was exhausted, cold and sluggish. It only took a few months from being diagnosed to feeling normal again. It has never been a problem for me and the medication takes care of everything.Its nothing to worry about and is the easiest controlled thyroid condition.Love Josephine.x

littlemiss_sunshine
09-11-07, 21:02
do ya think its a factor that can cause anxiety/panic?

ricric
10-11-07, 01:04
Hi I suffer with Hypothyroidsim...and I bought a book the other day called Living well with hypothyroidism.. I gotta say that I cant belive how essential to not only mental but also physical health also..

You wont understand how much it effects you until you read the book!! Its amazing..

I found out about 2 minutes ago that my Sertraline is causing my TSH levels to rise causing me to become more fatigued and depressed, not what you want from your anti depressants huh..

I strongly would say that you NEED to read this book I bought mine from Amazon....

Sorry Im a little angry right now as the doctors dont understand how important it is for one to have good thyroid health!!

answer to your question simple YES

take care

littlemiss_sunshine
11-11-07, 21:45
thanks guys- im so glad to find im not the only one stressed and angered out over this condition. im trying to find out whether it affects anxiety/panics. its so annoying when drs dont give u the ryt info- they just looked at my occupation and assumed i'd knw abt it or at least research- yeh like iv time with all the s*** iv bin under. i mean i am a person like everyone else after all. wheres the 'desire to help another' gone

ladygrom
12-11-07, 09:21
hi i to have thyroid probs and take thyroxine daily ive been underdosed on thyroxine at the moment and doctors trying get my levels up once i have correct doses usualy im fine .it is very important to our mental health because in my opion and wat as happened to me your thyroid plays a huge part in our healthnot just physical but mental to it can cause anxiety and depresion if not corrected proply tc elaine xx