PDA

View Full Version : Sewage exposure

Pamplemousse
15-02-21, 18:03
Whilst enjoying the relative warmth outside today I became aware of a nasty smell and I noticed the sewer inspection chamber was overflowing - it's a shared drain with other houses in the street.

I got the lid off and spent ages trying to get tampons, nappy liners and goodness knows what else out before I realised the only way to deal with this is to get a bucket and empty the chamber out. As a result, my back garden is now awash with poo and other stuff.

Subsequent attacks with the drain rods once I had an idea where the pipes were got it flowing again but now I am absolutely terrified of what diseases I've picked up - and this is all on the day my GP decided (without my knowledge, I should add) I should go from 30mg to 10mg of my Citalopram.

It's a good job there's no alcohol in the house.

nomorepanic
15-02-21, 18:34
Did you have gloves and a mask ok?

Pamplemousse
15-02-21, 18:40
Did you have gloves and a mask ok?

Gloves yes, mask no.

nomorepanic
15-02-21, 19:22
You will be fine then

People work with this sh1t literally every day.

Pamplemousse
15-02-21, 19:39
Fingers crossed in that case, Nic. My brother recounted a tale of when he had his drain unblocked many years ago - the bloke did it in shirt-sleeves and no gloves.

I mean, I've been known to root around in my own faeces in the recent past but this is other people's doings... oh well, give it a week or two and assuming the bacteria haven't done the business on the back garden, I'll dig it in.

Scass
15-02-21, 21:10
Bleurgh!

A couple of years ago our toilet waste pipe broke and there was literally crap all over the floor. I spent about 2 days bleaching everything, and then got over it. My partner - who was fixing it and cleaning it all up - just washed his hands a couple of times...

You’ll be ok. It’s very unpleasant, but you’ll be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk