PDA

View Full Version : At Work and Panicking... Pulmonary Embolism

willll
16-02-21, 15:47
Hey guys. I’m currently at work panicking, broken out in a sweat, feeling like I’m going to pass out and die.

I woke up this morning with a sharp pain in my right chest that’s coming and going. It’s got me thinking I have a pulmonary embolism, as my dad and sister both have a history of blood clots.

Earlier on my way in, the pain had spread down my arm for a second, and now my back feels sore.

Has anyone ever had a sharp stabbing pain that comes and goes due to anxiety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alcopop
16-02-21, 20:41
Hi Will! It's been a few hours since you posted. How are you feeling now? Has the anxiety passed?
Hope so!

willll
16-02-21, 21:47
Still very anxious and contemplating a trip to the ER. Pain is still there, but more sure if it’s muscular or just gas pains.

Fishmanpa
16-02-21, 21:59
If you were really in that much distress, you wouldn't be posting on an anxiety forum looking for reassurance.... Just saying :shrug:

Positive thoughts

willll
17-02-21, 23:52
Well, I ended up in the ER last night. They said it’s probably muscular and didn’t even feel the need to run any tests as my lungs sounded clear and vitals were great. I guess vitals are usually concerning with a PE.

On to the next obsessive worry about my health! This never ends.

nomorepanic
18-02-21, 00:04
It won't end until you do something about it willl

willll
18-02-21, 05:41
I guess I shouldn’t say it’ll never end. After starting therapy I had a good year of low anxiety regarding my health. Just took a step back after a covid scare last month. Continuing to go to therapy and learn how to deal with this stuff