PDA

View Full Version : Supraclavicular lymph node

Myka01
17-02-21, 21:36
I can't believe I'm worried about another disease just two weeks after having an MRI that ruled out any brain tumors or MS that I was previously worried about but here I am...

A few days ago I was feeling my neck and I've noticed a lump above my right collar bone. It's squishy and very mobile. I can't really say what size it is but I can't see the lump, I can only feel it under my skin. I guess it's a lymph node and I now lymph nodes in this area are bad news... I just hope it's not lung cancer that spread to my nodes as that would be deadly... maybe it's just lymphoma, the survival rates for that one are high...

I really hoped that I would stop worrying after the MRI and I would start living a normal life. I hate feeling this way and I am so tired of going to the doctors... I just want this to be over...

Fishmanpa
17-02-21, 21:56
but here I am...

Indeed you are :weep:

I just want this to be over...

As do most here.....

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

bobby84
18-02-21, 13:57
Are you sure its not a muscle? I have a very prominent muscle (omohyoid muscle to be exact) which is in that region and feels squishy and mobile. Its way more pronounced than the other side but the same if I stretch my neck out.

Myka01
18-02-21, 19:21
I don't know, my husband says it's a ligament but how would he know... It's wider than a ligament

bobby84
18-02-21, 21:08
Mines really wide. Much wider than the other side which could be down to the use of that side of your body. Mine is my right hand side which defo gets more use (i.e. carrying toddler). If I lift my arm up it moves (like you would expect a muscle to do), whereas my obvious lymph node the other side stays still. I panicked when I first felt mine, as like you, thought it felt like a fairly large bean. After much prodding, poking and moving my body in different directions I realised I had the same the other side, just no where near as prominent. We are not symmetrical. Sounds to me like your hubby is spot on.

Myka01
19-02-21, 08:22
Well it is on my right side.. And it definitely moves when I swallow, Eh, I hope it's just a muscle or a ligament. Why do I have to be so scared of everything...

bobby84
19-02-21, 09:34
Mine too. Its a muscle. I hope that helps - try not to poke, as I did make mine really sore! :)