PDA

View Full Version : Starting to drop down off Citalopram

Frankie23
07-11-07, 09:23
Ive only been on them for about 3 months but im weaning myself off them im now onto my 1st batch of 10mg then hopefully il be on 5mg

Just hope it works for me

joannap
07-11-07, 11:25
hi frankie

did they make you feel better very quickly then? i have taken v short courses of a'd's in the past and came off them quickly with no probs but then as soon as i got stressed out again etc - i found i had to take them again!

Frankie23
07-11-07, 13:57
They made me feel better im trying to find alternative ways to fight the anxiety etc

Just heard you can get side affects off coming off them

x

honeybee3939
07-11-07, 18:58
Hi Frankie

It may be wise to discuss with your GP if you are coming off the meds after such a short period, i was told by my GP that i needed to be on them for at least 6 months before i should start to feel alot better.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Frankie23
07-11-07, 22:33
I checked with the doctor when i last went and he said i can come off them gradually after 3 months but im getting told various things which is why im confused

Maybe i should stick to 10mg's for a few months

honeybee3939
07-11-07, 23:24
Hi Frankie

I would have a word with your GP, after reading your other threads it sounds like maybe you could do with the meds a little while longer.

Love and hugs
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

joannap
08-11-07, 11:17
hi again

i think honeybee has a point. a'd's reach their full effect after 12 weeks? which is all you have been on them - i think the general advice is to stay on them for a further 6 months before coming off. this is what i used to do in the past - give them up as soon as i felt better but i think i came off them far too soon.

Frankie23
09-11-07, 17:11
I think your both right i feel im getting better then i have a few days like this

Frankie23
15-11-07, 20:53
Right im starting to feel the effects of dropping down off these tablet, ive dropped from 20mg to 10mgs and have been on the lower dose for 5 days now.

General symptoms have mainly been when im asleep il suddenly jolt awake and my heart starts racing, im having strange pains in certain parts of my legs but my general anxiety is up.

Ive also been to chat with the uni councillor today as ive been keeping a diary for a few months to see what triggers them. The main trigger ive found is when I found my mum dead i keep getting images of her lying there, i blame myself for not being able to help her and almost like a movie going off in my head I see the same sequence of events.

Until today ive never been able to talk about the pictures but i have which is a good start to my recovery.

I plan on staying on the 10mgs for another month and dropping to 5mg afterwards. The tablets have helped alot but I dont want to be on them I want to find an alternative way

As for the withdrawal symptoms i think there going to be a struggle :-(