PDA

View Full Version : Getting the covid vaccine tomorrow and I知 terrified

Havefaithx
19-02-21, 15:37
Hi guys,
I知 due to get the covid vaccine tomorrow as I知 in priority group 6. I really really want it as I知 a student social worker and I知 out on the front line at placement, however I also have Health anxiety and I知 terrified. I have always been worried about taking new drugs/vaccines because of anaphylactic shock. I have no idea why as I致e never had it or know of anyone that has had it with my family. I have even check the stats (U.K.) and it痴 like 1 in 85,000 chance of an anaphylactic shock. There is more chance of me being struck down by lightening I think that痴 like 1 in 79,000.
What worries me is that if I have a panic attack I know that it can mimic the signs of anaphylactic shock like I can feel that my throat is closing up, sob, heart racing.
Has anyone else had the vaccine and had these worries, if so had did you manage the anxiety?
Xxx

ankietyjoe
19-02-21, 15:55
My sons best friend has a severe nut allergy and I've seen him go into shock. Trust me, it's nothing like anxiety. You'll know the difference.

All vaccination programs have staff trained to deal with allergic reactions anyway. You'll be fine.

Pamplemousse
19-02-21, 16:12
In addition to what Joe's written, as a rule you're asked to wait for fifteen minutes after vaccination to check for adverse reactions.

I think you'll be fine :)

nomorepanic
19-02-21, 16:20
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Lencoboy
20-02-21, 15:20
I had my (Pfizer) jab on Tuesday (16th Feb) and apart from a sore arm for about 2 days or so, no problems at all so far.