PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam 2mg

Emmarolo
19-02-21, 18:44
Hello. I知 after some reassurance. I have been prescribed 2mg diazepam for a few days to help me through a rough anxiety patch. I知 worried I will get withdrawal. Will I be ok for a few days use? Doctor reassured me but would rather hear from people who have experienced using them short term.

BikerMatt
19-02-21, 18:54
No problem, it's a tiny dose at 2mg. If it's just for a few days then withdrawal won't be an issue.

Buster70
19-02-21, 19:00
I felt the same when I first got prescribed them I got so worked up about taking the first one I would have needed a higher dose to calm back down , 2mg is the lowest dose they go up to 10mg , I break a 2 in half and take that just to take the edge off , withdrawal is extremely unlikely from a small dose for a short time ,I take one as needed when things get too bad it’s better than suffering , sometimes I go weeks without needing one , had one today to get through a funeral .

Emmarolo
19-02-21, 19:05
Thank you so much for your replies. So you think a weeks worth will be safe? Taking up to 3 a day if needed?

BikerMatt
19-02-21, 19:11
Thank you so much for your replies. So you think a weeks worth will be safe? Taking up to 3 a day if needed?

Yep, definitely no worries.

Diazepam is lovely short term, you'll be fine.

Emmarolo
19-02-21, 19:19
Thank you. You have made me feel a lot better. Have you used it three times a day before? If so how long for?

BikerMatt
19-02-21, 19:33
Thank you. You have made me feel a lot better. Have you used it three times a day before? If so how long for?

I've had them at 5mg upto 3 times a day.

Remember, you don't have to take 3 per day, just take one and see how you go.