PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Ache

Mooky
07-11-07, 09:54
Hi

Having a very anxious time at the moment! For just over a week, I have had the odd twinge in my stomach. Just to the left and right of my belly button. Maybe it is some sort of strain, as it is only since I was moving some boxes around in my loft! If it was strain, how long would it take to go? Some days I do not notice it much, but it feels as if there is something there!

Anyway, I am still worried because it is still there and I am thinking about the horrible things it could be. I had a bad indigestion episode over the weekend, which I rarely get. I am also feeling very nauseous today, but that may be because I am worrying. Also, a few times when I have been out in the cold, it seems to set my stomach off. It feels as if I get a chill on my stomach?? Does anyone else get similar? I am on Sertaline ( for 2 months now) but a low dose. Had loads of tests in April, chest xrays, blood tests, 24 urine test etc, everything fine. Stomach was examined then, and physical exam showed up nothing.

Do you think I am just worrying and it is causing this??

Mooky:)

flinty90
07-11-07, 10:23
mooky if its a muscle strain it could tke up to a week to dissapear mate, there is also a lot of sicky bugs going around at the minute my jkids are all bad wih it and its inevitable i will get it, hope you get well soon mate dont worry about it though ..

Try and eat some bland foods not too spicy ,greasy or sweet that sould help your stomach to heal up a little if its sicky, get som of those yakult yoghurts too and get some good bacteria on the go. If it your muscles try having some nice soaks in bath and relax a bit more , or try a hot water bottle on the painfu area .

hope you get better soon xx

Mooky
07-11-07, 10:26
Thanks for replying. I know it's probably a virus or something, as I have a bit of a sore throat today as well. I just can't help worrying and thinking "what if.......". Hopefully it will just go!

Mooky x

flinty90
07-11-07, 10:39
well just think what if im sat here worrying abut a little cold , and i have wasted a few days of my life letting it worry me lol... thats the biggest pain feelin that your wasting your life worrying about something that 99.9 % positive isnt anything to worry about..

hope you better soon..

kittykat
07-11-07, 10:50
Hi Mooky,

Firstly try not to worry:hugs: , if its muscle strain it can take a while to clear up. Also it could be indigestion related especially as you've just had a bad attack, ive suffered a lot with this it can cause the nausea, but also having high anxiety can cause the nausea also.
Its good to know that all your test results have come back clear, and the physical exam would have shown anything up that should'nt have been there. If it really doesn't get any better go and see your doc it may be that you need an antacid medication for your stomach, and also it gives you peace of mind as well which can often lower the effects of the anxiety.
I'm pretty sure its nothing to worry about as these anxiety symptoms heighten all of our ailments, and hopefully the sertaline will help you keep it in check ( the doc may even up your dose a small bit).
I hope this puts your mind at rest and im sure you'll be feeling better soon.

take care
shirley xx :yesyes:

Mooky
07-11-07, 11:09
Thanks Shirley. Hopefully it is just strain or a virus. It's not easy but I will try and take my mind off it. All this constant worrying can't be good for you! Yes, the Dr said when I have been on 50Mg Sertraline for 1 week, we should maybe up it to 75mg to get me "back to normal"! I wish!!!!!

Mooky x