PDA

View Full Version : Panicking please help!!! 😭

BlueEeyes
21-02-21, 20:06
Around 10 days ago I had stinging throat mostly when I vape (I have vaped for around 8 years)which lasted about 5 or 6 days but wasn't too bad and since then I have felt like something is stuck in my throat like a pill or something when I swallow which calms when I lay for a while or when I sleep. I recently had a blood test to see what my thyroid levels are as I have been feeling that they were low (I have hypothyroidism) and when I got my results which showed my levels are low so the Dr increased my levothyroxine but also told me that my white blood cells are slightly elevated suggesting an infection, I told him about my throat and he said it's probably that and he prescribed antibiotics however when I took them i was really sick so I decided to wait until tomorrow and ask for different ones. I asked my son to check my throat and he said he can see a big white spot on one tonsil and he thinks a few small spots on the other, to me this would suggest tonsillitis or strep throat buttt I only had that small amount of burning not any real pain per say (compared to tonsillitis I've had in the past) so I stupidly looked up "can you have tonsillitis with no pain?" And tbe first thing that came up was throat cancer now I am in complete panic mode it's 8 in the evening and i don't know what to do I know none of you are doctor's but I am so desperate for help 😭😭

ankietyjoe
21-02-21, 20:17
The best thing I can suggest is never, ever google. Anything you put into google will tell you that you have cancer. Health anxiety rule number one, never google.

BlueEeyes
21-02-21, 20:32
I know I am very stupid for doing it, I am usually pretty good at stopping myself from doing it but i guess I had a weak moment as my anxiety has been bad 😔

pulisa
21-02-21, 20:41
It sounds as if you have globus which is a lump in the throat sensation when there is no actual lump. It's caused by anxiety. It goes when you are calmer but is a real physical sensation when you are stressed. It's not a symptom of throat cancer.

Your white blood count would suggest that you have a mild throat infection. If you really can't tolerate the prescribed antibiotics then get your GP to prescribe an alternative tomorrow?

You haven't got throat cancer.

BlueEeyes
21-02-21, 22:05
Thank you Pulisa that's what I am telling myself just this white area on my tonsil driving me insane, I have dealt with HA for 21 years on and off, I was wayyy worse when I was younger, used to body check and find things or even imagine things, I have come a very long way since then thank God, now I only ever worry over things I actually have, in this case the white area and slightly raised blood cells 😏
I will definitely ask for more antibiotics tomorrow and in the meantime focus on telling myself what you have said, thank you again

Lana
22-02-21, 19:05
BlueEeyes

Doctor who prescribes you antibiotics without lab test to confirm bacterial infection, is NOT your friend , trust me. Antibiotics can cause a lot of harm to you stomach, even when they are truly needed, let alone if they are not. Request strep test.