PDA

View Full Version : Going for colonoscopy on Monday

BrokenGirl
26-02-21, 14:16
I'm going for a colonoscopy on Monday and I'm starting to get really nervous about it.
Has anyone been for one? Is it really uncomfortable? Or how long does it even last?
I'm also scared of what they'll find but I'll deal with that if/when it happens.

nomorepanic
26-02-21, 14:33
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

nomorepanic
26-02-21, 14:33
Have a read of the posts in this colonoscopy sub-forum

Good luck with it.

jojo2316
26-02-21, 20:59
I have and really- they are not too bad. I had sedation, which just made me feel really relaxed (I was still awake and can still remember).... and I don’t remember it hurting at all. The whole thing is over in about 30 minutes. (Probably only under 10 minutes for actual procedure). The prep is the worst bit. LOTS of sitting on the loo!!

BrokenGirl
26-02-21, 22:42
Thanks JoJo. I'm very up and down at the moment about it all.
And I got my prep medication today, so really looking forward to that :ohmy: From reading some of the posts on here it's not going to be very pleasant.
I think I'd prefer if they were going to put me to sleep for it but they didn't mention it so I don't think it will happen. The thoughts of being awake during it is making me sick though.
I keep telling myself if I can go through childbirth then I can get through this as well!!

jojo2316
27-02-21, 22:59
Yep- you can. It’s got NOTHING on childbirth!!!

Rob345
20-08-22, 12:30
So what was results of the colonoscopy? Thanks

NoraB
21-08-22, 09:13
I keep telling myself if I can go through childbirth then I can get through this as well!!

I would have fifty bum-cams a day rather than go through childbirth!