PDA

View Full Version : Strains popping up pre un-lockdown. Anybody noticed?

WiredIncorrectly
01-03-21, 17:41
Has anybody noticed every time the Government talks about easing lockdown a new strain appears. Now it's the Brazilian strain. Last time it was the South African.

pulisa
01-03-21, 17:55
Do we need to encourage speculation and suspicion regarding the "timing" of new variants though? Really?

WiredIncorrectly
01-03-21, 18:29
Huh?

ankietyjoe
01-03-21, 18:40
They're not popping up now. They're being reported on now. We would have been aware of this weeks/months ago.

WiredIncorrectly
01-03-21, 19:12
They're not popping up now. They're being reported on now. We would have been aware of this weeks/months ago.

The media are fking idiots in that case. When it looks like things are improving they decide now is the best time to report this? At a time when people are already on edge, and filled with hope. I'm having my vaccine and I'm flying away this year. I neeeeeeeeeeeed a holiday.

pulisa
01-03-21, 19:27
The media are fking idiots in that case. When it looks like things are improving they decide now is the best time to report this? At a time when people are already on edge, and filled with hope. I'm having my vaccine and I'm flying away this year. I neeeeeeeeeeeed a holiday.

Things aren't so bad then?

WiredIncorrectly
01-03-21, 19:43
Things aren't so bad then?

I'd like to think they're getting better.

Lencoboy
01-03-21, 21:28
The people in the UK with the Brazilian variant reportedly tested positive (for Covid in general) on or around 10th Feb, but the genomic sequencing to determine the exact variant takes a bit of time so the fact that they had tested positive for the Braz variant was only revealed yesterday evening due to the time lag between the original positive tests and the final completion of the genomic sequencing process, but like I said before in the other thread about variants, those concerned might even be on the road to recovery already, for all we know.

Let's just hope that 'stray' infected person is soon tracked down.

Plus cases would have no doubt already started going back up again by now had the situation with the Braz variant (and if course the SA variant) was really dire in this country, but to the contrary, we are down again to 5k cases today, the lowest since late September, and of course, now lower than the original peak last April.

Pamplemousse
02-03-21, 10:25
I am going to have to stop reading these threads with people obsessing about numbers in minute detail: this is reminding me far too much of sitting in ICU 11 years ago this month watching monitors in close detail hoping that Mrs. PM's blood pressure rose and her temperature fell.

ankietyjoe
02-03-21, 10:33

Stop reading the effing news then :yesyes:

Remember that Einstein quote? The definition of insanity is to keep repeating the same thing and expecting different results....?

fishman65
02-03-21, 15:20
I am going to have to stop reading these threads with people obsessing about numbers in minute detail: this is reminding me far too much of sitting in ICU 11 years ago this month watching monitors in close detail hoping that Mrs. PM's blood pressure rose and her temperature fell.That must have been such an awful time for you PM, it was this time of year you lost her? Forgive me if you've already said. Look after yourself buddy :hugs:

Lencoboy
02-03-21, 15:34
At least the authorities are currently working flat out in order to try and get to the bottom of the Brazilian variant that has recently entered our shores, and trying to seek out the mystery 'stray' person who is the remaining one of the 6 currently known to be infected in the UK so far.

Meanwhile, we have been assured by an 'expert' that there is currently no specific threat believed to be posed to the wider community at large in the areas concerned.

Pamplemousse
02-03-21, 17:51
That must have been such an awful time for you PM, it was this time of year you lost her? Forgive me if you've already said. Look after yourself buddy :hugs:

Yes; 9.25pm on 27/3/2010.

They'll find that burnt into my brain if they cut me open.