PDA

View Full Version : Teeth hitting each other when talking

katniss
01-03-21, 23:10
Okay guys. So I’ve asked weird questions before but this is by far the weirdest. My teeth have randomly started hitting each other when talking. It’s so freaky! Usually when I say “t” or “d” sounds. It’s my front teeth? Am I being paranoid?

Fishmanpa
01-03-21, 23:31
Am I being paranoid?

Ya think? :shades:

FMP

Lolalee1
02-03-21, 05:16
Do you have False Choppers?maybe ya need a new set:D

katniss
02-03-21, 11:54
Looool! No. I’m still kinda youngish. 33.

Rumpo
02-03-21, 18:25
Do you think there's a possibility you just haven't noticed it before? Health anxiety causes us to be hypervigilant and notice things that others mightn't. However, it could be something that you were already doing. I find I speak a bit differently when I'm really tired (mouth just feels odd and like it's not behaving), and I imagine excess tension could do this too.

katniss
02-03-21, 22:47
Rumpo: that’s what I’m thinking too..

katniss
29-03-21, 21:20
Sorry for bumping my own thread. This is still happening :( Does this happen to anyone when talking? Maybe it’s a regular phenomenon that I’m worried about?

Fishmanpa
29-03-21, 21:30
Sorry for bumping my own thread. This is still happening :( Does this happen to anyone when talking? Maybe it’s a regular phenomenon that I’m worried about?

I really think you're just hyper-focused on something that people don't even notice :shrug: Besides, what fatal ailment is responsible? :winks:

FMP

Carys
29-03-21, 21:56
I've had this, in years gone by - you suddenly alter your speech process in a miniscule way, then get a 'knock' of a tooth and then hyper fixate on it - subsequently you don't speak naturally and the spiral begins. The moment you start thinking about your speech and the shape of your mouth/teeth hitting, you can guarantee it will be slightly different to when you just speak automatically. You'd be amazed at the minute differences, a mm here or there of a muscle responding differently , that can alter your mouth position. You are essentially overriding your 'muscle memory' and this causes problems, things can feel strange and small differences occur. The best thing you can do is to literally forget it, not pay any attention, don't concern yourself and it will return to normal when you are least thinking about it.

katniss
29-03-21, 23:29
That was very helpful Carys. How long did it take to go away?

Carys
30-03-21, 08:47
AS long as you take to forget it/ignore it.move on from it.