PDA

View Full Version : Back again with Thigh pain.

Chlobo
02-03-21, 19:02
It’s been such a long time since I posted here, but I’m struggling a lot. I’ve searched the forums and I can’t seem to find a problem like mine which makes me panic more.

4 weeks ago I suddenly started to get right sided inner thigh pain, it can spread down to the knee. It’s worse when I stand up after being sat down, if I lift my leg to get into bed or into a car etc, and it hurts when I walk.
I’ve been to the doctors and he dismissed it and said muscle pain and to try painkillers.
Well, the painkillers did nothing. By this point I was panicking uncontrollably so I went to A&E and they did bloods and also checked for a hernia which all came back fine.
The doctor now wants to send me for a hip X-ray, he’s told me not to worry and that he doesn’t think it’s cancer but I’m in a massive hole that I can’t get out of.
I’m petrified it could be a muscle or bone cancer in my leg and I’m going to die.
Can anyone help reassure me please, this is torment!

ankietyjoe
02-03-21, 20:28
I’ve been to the doctors and he dismissed it and said muscle pain and to try painkillers.

He didn't dismiss it, he told you it was muscle pain. It's your mind that's creating the problem that isn't there.

If random joint pain signified cancer, I would be riddled with cancer. It happens.

If you look at your current life, there will be a reason for it. Being sedentary, being overweight, poor diet, stress, age, sleeping oddly, not sleeping enough.....the list is endless.

To jump to cancer just because of pain is just self destructive.

Chlobo
02-03-21, 21:13
He didn't dismiss it, he told you it was muscle pain. It's your mind that's creating the problem that isn't there.

If random joint pain signified cancer, I would be riddled with cancer. It happens.

If you look at your current life, there will be a reason for it. Being sedentary, being overweight, poor diet, stress, age, sleeping oddly, not sleeping enough.....the list is endless.

To jump to cancer just because of pain is just self destructive.

Thank you for your reply,

The doctor examined my leg and thigh, pressed down on my hip while manipulating my leg to see what was painful.
He said bloods would show something if anything was off as well.
But honestly I can’t believe him, I want too but my mind won’t let me. I feel like I’m in torment everyday about this since it started.
I’m not overweight and i walk my dog everyday, I also have a buggy to push and sometimes it’s difficult over fields where I take him. The only thing I can think of is maybe I have hurt myself using my to push over hard areas that it won’t run freely over, but still I wouldn’t of thought this would happen and for so long as well. It’s exhausting. I’ve spoken to four different doctors now, 2 over the phone, one at A&E and then this doctor I saw yesterday and they have all said muscle related/mechanical issue. But I am so scared. I can’t stop googling which doesn’t help. Im just in fear and obsessed with this new symptom

Fishmanpa
02-03-21, 21:17
Sorry to see you going down the rabbit hole with this as you've done well the last few years. So.... how can anyone really help you? If you don't believe FOUR medical professionals, reassurance on a website is kinda futile :shrug: Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

Chlobo
02-03-21, 22:00
Sorry to see you going down the rabbit hole with this as you've done well the last few years. So.... how can anyone really help you? If you don't believe FOUR medical professionals, reassurance on a website is kinda futile :shrug: Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

It’s nice to see you’re still here!
I’ve managed for a few years, and it took me a long long time to put the brain tumour to bed. But I did and I finally accepted I didn’t have one.
I’ve had a few health issues over the last few years but nothing that I’ve felt I haven’t been able to handle. This however has knocked me sideways. The intrusive thoughts are just overwhelming. I don’t know how I’ll cope with this X-ray or waiting for the results. I’m not sure where to go from here.
I’m 30 now with 4 children, my youngest child I had a year ago, so my friend thinks it could be related to having children. But who knows. Until they look inside I’m not sure how they can really tell unless they look inside.
My brain telling me the doctors are wrong over and over again. So here I am again wanting reassurance and people to tell me I’m okay

Fishmanpa
02-03-21, 22:09
It’s nice to see you’re still here!
I’ve managed for a few years, and it took me a long long time to put the brain tumour to bed. But I did and I finally accepted I didn’t have one.
I’ve had a few health issues over the last few years but nothing that I’ve felt I haven’t been able to handle. This however has knocked me sideways. The intrusive thoughts are just overwhelming. I don’t know how I’ll cope with this X-ray or waiting for the results. I’m not sure where to go from here.
I’m 30 now with 4 children, my youngest child I had a year ago, so my friend thinks it could be related to having children. But who knows. Until they look inside I’m not sure how they can really tell unless they look inside.
My brain telling me the doctors are wrong over and over again. So here I am again wanting reassurance and people to tell me I’m okay

It's pretty common we worry more when we have kids (4 and you're 30? You've been busy girl!). Not only do we worry about our kids as parents but about ourselves and being there for them. It's a pretty common theme here and not unusual anxiety or not. As far as the reassurance? I've replied to you enough that you'll know what I say and not feed your dragon. You've dug yourself out before and you can do it again ;)

Positive thoughts

ditzy
02-03-21, 23:37
9 years ago I woke up one morning with burning upper back pain along my shoulders and just beside my spine. It hurt to touch and the pain went from burning to aching and back again. I must’ve gone to the doctors for this issue about 5 times. By the fourth week I had diagnosed myself with a rare lung tumour called a pancoast tumour. When I mentioned this to my doctor she just looked at me as if I was mental. Said in all her 30 odd years in medicine she’d never once seen one. I was on tramadol (never again) and strong ibuprofen nothing touched it. Finally I went to an osteopath and 2 weeks later it went away just like that. The osteopath said it was probably due to me lifting my toddler (she was 16 months) and sure enough the exact same pain came back again when my son was a similar age. When you are in the midst of HA and a pain doesn’t go after a couple of weeks it’s easy to panic and diagnose yourself with the silliest things. I’ve also had back/leg pain for weeks and convinced myself I had ovarian/bowel cancer. And the more you stress the more you tense and the worse it gets. Most pains like yours will come on without warning but will just go away eventually. I’ve always found Deep heat or the ice one can sometimes ease pains a little, have you tried that?

Chlobo
03-03-21, 10:00
9 years ago I woke up one morning with burning upper back pain along my shoulders and just beside my spine. It hurt to touch and the pain went from burning to aching and back again. I must’ve gone to the doctors for this issue about 5 times. By the fourth week I had diagnosed myself with a rare lung tumour called a pancoast tumour. When I mentioned this to my doctor she just looked at me as if I was mental. Said in all her 30 odd years in medicine she’d never once seen one. I was on tramadol (never again) and strong ibuprofen nothing touched it. Finally I went to an osteopath and 2 weeks later it went away just like that. The osteopath said it was probably due to me lifting my toddler (she was 16 months) and sure enough the exact same pain came back again when my son was a similar age. When you are in the midst of HA and a pain doesn’t go after a couple of weeks it’s easy to panic and diagnose yourself with the silliest things. I’ve also had back/leg pain for weeks and convinced myself I had ovarian/bowel cancer. And the more you stress the more you tense and the worse it gets. Most pains like yours will come on without warning but will just go away eventually. I’ve always found Deep heat or the ice one can sometimes ease pains a little, have you tried that?

Gosh that sounds awful, my pain is similar when I walk I get a burning down the thigh into the knee and sharp pain.
It’s sore if I get up from sitting down and it’s sore when I ‘relax’ the muscle purposely, I’ll notice I’m holding my muscle tightly and I’ll relax it down and it’s a sharp pain. My hip sometimes aches too.
I have a habit of waking up at 3Am the last few months (this started way before pain did) and I wake up and notice how sore it feels, the pain doesn’t wake me I don’t think, I just notice it 🤯
My mum actually bought me some deep heat but I have only used it once while she was here but I’ll dig it out the cupboard again and try it.
I really hope it does end up vanishing like yours did. I carry my little one on the same side that hurts, so I carry her upstairs on that hip and around the house if I need too as she doesn’t walk yet

ankietyjoe
03-03-21, 10:13
But honestly I can’t believe him, I want too but my mind won’t let me. I feel like I’m in torment everyday about this since it started.
I’m not overweight and i walk my dog everyday, I also have a buggy to push and sometimes it’s difficult over fields where I take him. The only thing I can think of is maybe I have hurt myself using my to push over hard areas that it won’t run freely over, but still I wouldn’t of thought this would happen and for so long as well. It’s exhausting. I’ve spoken to four different doctors now, 2 over the phone, one at A&E and then this doctor I saw yesterday and they have all said muscle related/mechanical issue. But I am so scared. I can’t stop googling which doesn’t help. Im just in fear and obsessed with this new symptom

You are confused. You think your mind has a will of it's own, but that's not how it works.

If you google, it's a choice. If you don't stop, your suffering will be eternal and will never stop.

You have to CHOOSE to think/behave a different way. There is simply no alternative to beating health anxiety. Try and drop the victim complex mentality, your problem is behavioural, just like everybody else with health anxiety.

ditzy
03-03-21, 11:35
Gosh that sounds awful, my pain is similar when I walk I get a burning down the thigh into the knee and sharp pain.
It’s sore if I get up from sitting down and it’s sore when I ‘relax’ the muscle purposely, I’ll notice I’m holding my muscle tightly and I’ll relax it down and it’s a sharp pain. My hip sometimes aches too.
I have a habit of waking up at 3Am the last few months (this started way before pain did) and I wake up and notice how sore it feels, the pain doesn’t wake me I don’t think, I just notice it 勞
My mum actually bought me some deep heat but I have only used it once while she was here but I’ll dig it out the cupboard again and try it.
I really hope it does end up vanishing like yours did. I carry my little one on the same side that hurts, so I carry her upstairs on that hip and around the house if I need too as she doesn’t walk yet

Obviously I’m not a medical professional so I can’t say for sure that it’s definitely mechanical but it certainly sounds it to me, and let’s face it most pains like this are. They’re very rarely caused by sinister things it’s just our minds that take it to the worst case scenario. All the pains I have had (back, leg, shoulder) have all happened when my kids were toddlers when they got a lot heavier but I was still carrying them around and lifting them out of the car/bed etc. I still carried my son when he was 3 because he was so lazy! No wonder I got pains that went on for weeks. Now my son is 6 and I no longer have to do all this stuff funnily enough all the pains I used to get have gone (touch wood). And from experience constantly stressing about a pain means that you will be tensing the area too which won’t help. Give it another 4 weeks and if it is still just as bad then go back to doctor. In the time being just tell yourself that it’s uncomfortable but it will more than likely heal and pass. I’m sure it will.

Chlobo
03-03-21, 22:24
Obviously I’m not a medical professional so I can’t say for sure that it’s definitely mechanical but it certainly sounds it to me, and let’s face it most pains like this are. They’re very rarely caused by sinister things it’s just our minds that take it to the worst case scenario. All the pains I have had (back, leg, shoulder) have all happened when my kids were toddlers when they got a lot heavier but I was still carrying them around and lifting them out of the car/bed etc. I still carried my son when he was 3 because he was so lazy! No wonder I got pains that went on for weeks. Now my son is 6 and I no longer have to do all this stuff funnily enough all the pains I used to get have gone (touch wood). And from experience constantly stressing about a pain means that you will be tensing the area too which won’t help. Give it another 4 weeks and if it is still just as bad then go back to doctor. In the time being just tell yourself that it’s uncomfortable but it will more than likely heal and pass. I’m sure it will.

The doctor has ordered an X-ray but I’m just waiting for the appointment to come through. Once I know it isn’t cancer I’ll relax but it’s such a bizzare pain and for so long!
I just would of thought it would of gone away already if it was muscular. It’s very sharp too depending on which way I’m moving my leg.
Eurgh, it’s just such a setback and a worry.
And it’s so sore I just don’t want to move around on it, I think the anxiety it gives me is worse than the pain. Every time it hurts it throws me into another panic.
Maybe because of the pandemic as well but I keep thinking, yes this is it. I’m going to die during a global pandemic where the world is so upside down and leave my kids. Horrible nasty thoughts that I can’t seem to control.
Did you have any X-rays or tests done on your back? And do you remember how long it lasted? I calculated about 6 weeks by what you said. I keep praying I’ll wake up and it’s gone, but I don’t feel like it’s going to happen

ankietyjoe
03-03-21, 22:26
You are confused. You think your mind has a will of it's own, but that's not how it works.

If you google, it's a choice. If you don't stop, your suffering will be eternal and will never stop.

You have to CHOOSE to think/behave a different way. There is simply no alternative to beating health anxiety. Try and drop the victim complex mentality, your problem is behavioural, just like everybody else with health anxiety.

I'm just gonna leave this here again.

ditzy
04-03-21, 00:32
The doctor has ordered an X-ray but I’m just waiting for the appointment to come through. Once I know it isn’t cancer I’ll relax but it’s such a bizzare pain and for so long!
I just would of thought it would of gone away already if it was muscular. It’s very sharp too depending on which way I’m moving my leg.
Eurgh, it’s just such a setback and a worry.
And it’s so sore I just don’t want to move around on it, I think the anxiety it gives me is worse than the pain. Every time it hurts it throws me into another panic.
Maybe because of the pandemic as well but I keep thinking, yes this is it. I’m going to die during a global pandemic where the world is so upside down and leave my kids. Horrible nasty thoughts that I can’t seem to control.
Did you have any X-rays or tests done on your back? And do you remember how long it lasted? I calculated about 6 weeks by what you said. I keep praying I’ll wake up and it’s gone, but I don’t feel like it’s going to happen

The first bout lasted just short of 7 weeks, but the second one with my son was shorter about 4 weeks. The osteopath the second time round said I obviously had a weak ligament/muscle in my upper back that was triggered by lifting my kids. It was in exactly the same place and exactly the same pain both times. I had an X-ray about week 4 and it found nothing. By this time I was incessantly googling and coming up with rare lung tumours etc. Looking back it’s ridiculous how much I worried but I just didn’t understand how it could go on for so long and not get any better. If anything it got worse towards the end and started radiating to my arm then I panicked even more that I had a tumour. Then I remember one day I just woke up and it had practically gone.

I completely relate that you’re in an HA panic but you must stop googling. And if you had bone cancer you would have more symptoms than what you have. As for muscle cancer you must know that just sounds really silly. It could even be nerve related have you ever had a sciatica pain? Starts at your bum and shoots down your leg, I suffer the odd time from this and it’s really painful. But it just goes away and I know what it is. Yours will too I’m sure. Hopefully the X-ray can put your mind at rest.

Listen to ankietyjoe and stop googling! It just leads you down a rabbit hole of misery and never reassures. x

Chlobo
04-03-21, 06:47
I'm just gonna leave this here again.
I’m going to try, but it’s like a coping mechanism that isn’t good for me, I’ll make a conscious effort too though!

ankietyjoe
04-03-21, 10:20
I’m going to try, but it’s like a coping mechanism that isn’t good for me, I’ll make a conscious effort too though!

You need to try harder.

Just to reiterate, it's not possible to recover from health anxiety whilst continuing to google and self check. Those behaviours themselves ARE the health anxiety. It will never go away unless you stop doing them.

Chlobo
04-03-21, 10:25
The first bout lasted just short of 7 weeks, but the second one with my son was shorter about 4 weeks. The osteopath the second time round said I obviously had a weak ligament/muscle in my upper back that was triggered by lifting my kids. It was in exactly the same place and exactly the same pain both times. I had an X-ray about week 4 and it found nothing. By this time I was incessantly googling and coming up with rare lung tumours etc. Looking back it’s ridiculous how much I worried but I just didn’t understand how it could go on for so long and not get any better. If anything it got worse towards the end and started radiating to my arm then I panicked even more that I had a tumour. Then I remember one day I just woke up and it had practically gone.

I completely relate that you’re in an HA panic but you must stop googling. And if you had bone cancer you would have more symptoms than what you have. As for muscle cancer you must know that just sounds really silly. It could even be nerve related have you ever had a sciatica pain? Starts at your bum and shoots down your leg, I suffer the odd time from this and it’s really painful. But it just goes away and I know what it is. Yours will too I’m sure. Hopefully the X-ray can put your mind at rest.

Listen to ankietyjoe and stop googling! It just leads you down a rabbit hole of misery and never reassures. x

I did think it was sciatica at first but it isn’t really down the back of the thigh, it’s in the inside and the front, sometimes on the outside too. I also to have lower back pain more than usual at the moment.
I’m a day late for my period now and I’ve never been late in my life apart from being pregnant and I’m definitely not pregnant. Now I’m thinking I do have cancer and it’s stopping my body from functioning normally. 😞
I rubbed some muscle gel on it last night and today and I think it improved it somewhat but I could still feel a pulling sensation when I walked my kids to school.

Chlobo
06-03-21, 07:30
So the pain seems to be in the top thigh muscle more than anywhere now.
When I tense the muscle purposely it hurts. Can this really be muscle tension or strain? I’m so anxious this morning because I’ve woken up and it’s sore already. I know I’m asking for reassurance again but guys I’m really struggling to keep myself at a sane level

Fishmanpa
06-03-21, 12:48
When I tense the muscle purposely it hurts. Can this really be muscle tension or strain?

C'mon now Chlobo.... Answer that one yourself :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Chlobo
07-03-21, 08:18
Okay so hear me out on this one,
I was walking my dog yesterday down the fields where I usually take him, and I fell in a hole with my bad leg and I felt this awful pain in the same area of my thigh that hurts where I’d twisted my thigh as I stepped in this hole.
I wonder if this was the cause of my thigh pain and how it started?
I walk my dog here all the time and I fall down a few holes when I’m walking him.
The way I fell sort of coincides with the pain and exactly where it is, I also wear boots down there with a chunky heel which isn’t the best shoe I’ll admit.
I’m annoyed at myself because I’m back to square one with this thigh now, it’s so sore since I did that and I’ve gone two steps back now as it was starting to feel ever so slightly better the last couple of days. I just wonder if this is a muscle tear that I’ve caused when falling down one of these holes in the last few weeks and not realised!

Chlobo
07-03-21, 08:21
C'mon now Chlobo.... Answer that one yourself :whistles:

Positive thoughts

I know, I know I just have to ask! You make me feel better

ditzy
08-03-21, 13:55
Okay so hear me out on this one,
I was walking my dog yesterday down the fields where I usually take him, and I fell in a hole with my bad leg and I felt this awful pain in the same area of my thigh that hurts where I’d twisted my thigh as I stepped in this hole.
I wonder if this was the cause of my thigh pain and how it started?
I walk my dog here all the time and I fall down a few holes when I’m walking him.
The way I fell sort of coincides with the pain and exactly where it is, I also wear boots down there with a chunky heel which isn’t the best shoe I’ll admit.
I’m annoyed at myself because I’m back to square one with this thigh now, it’s so sore since I did that and I’ve gone two steps back now as it was starting to feel ever so slightly better the last couple of days. I just wonder if this is a muscle tear that I’ve caused when falling down one of these holes in the last few weeks and not realised!

You have answered your own question! Of course it could’ve been caused by this but also you could have done it at any time. You are worrying way too much about a pain that will just resolve itself eventually. I’ve wasted so much of my life worrying and getting into anxiety spirals about simple muscle/mechanical pains that I’ve had. Always thought cancer cancer, lung,ovarian,bowel, spine...you name it. It’s so silly. Try telling yourself this is a pain and it’s uncomfortable but it will just pass.

Chlobo
10-03-21, 09:35
It’s been 6 weeks and I’m just so fed up with it.
The physio therapist rang me yesterday and said it sounds like hip flexor pain with possible hip bursitis. Do I believe him? Nope I’m anxious as hell today. If I had cancer would my leg of got worse do you think? Would I know if I had cancer in 6 weeks

Chlobo
12-03-21, 06:56
Would I know I had cancer in my leg if it’s been 6 weeks? Sorry I know I’m bumping this up again but I’m finding myself more anxious as the days go on and it isn’t going away

NotDeadYet
12-03-21, 15:20
Help me understand what you mean by, "would I know I had cancer in my leg if it's been 6 weeks?" The only way to know that is to be diagnosed by a doctor. It appears that you are allowing a routine leg pain to overwhelm your thinking. I would encourage you to challenge your thoughts and do what your physio therapist recommends.

Chlobo
12-03-21, 16:45
I mean would the symptoms have got a lot worse? Would it be excruciating.!
The doctor has said not cancer but I’m struggling to push it to the side.
My lower back aches a lot at the moment too.
I have been doing my exercises but it seems to make it sore. Not sure if that’s normal

Chlobo
12-03-21, 16:48
Sorry didn’t meant to put the exclamation mark, I’m just so worried I don’t want to die and leave my kids

Fishmanpa
12-03-21, 17:05
The doctor has said not cancer

FMP

nomorepanic
12-03-21, 17:11
I have had bursitis and sciatica and both were very painful and lasted almost 2 months.

It takes time for these things to heal.

ankietyjoe
12-03-21, 17:44
The doctor has said not cancer but I’m struggling to push it to the side.

Try harder then.

Your anxiety is self inflicted, so find a way to get in front of it.

If the Doctor has told you it's not cancer, nobody here is going to be able to provide any further reassurance.

ditzy
12-03-21, 19:55
Your lower back ache could be tension where your anxiety is so high. I’ve had really uncomfortable back aches where I’ve been worried about ovarian cancer, sometimes to the point of waking me at night it was that painful. Then the back made me worry it was a symptom of the cancer which then made me more tense. A vicious circle. Funnily enough as soon as a test cleared my cancer worry the back pain disappeared in a couple of days. All tension caused by the anxiety. I would imagine this is maybe what is happening with you too. You have to trust what the professionals are saying to you and deal with your anxiety there is no other way.

glassgirlw
13-03-21, 01:36
You’ve had loads of comments for reassurance so I don’t know that I need to chime in - but, a few phrases stuck out to me through your posts. You walk a dog and push a stroller up and down hilly areas, you fall in holes, you carry your toddler on the hip that is bothering you...to me this only points to a physio issue and nothing else. You’ve strained your hip muscle or hip joint and it’s going to take time to recover. Can you skip the hills for a bit and just walk on flat ground while you wait for it to heal? Maybe switch the toddler to the other hip as well? Just small changes and see if that helps in a couple weeks? These injuries can take loads of time to heal. I’m still struggling with an ankle injury that happened 4+ months ago.

Chlobo
18-03-21, 13:51
Thank you everyone for the comments.
I had my X-ray this morning and the tech said she couldn’t see anything immediately concerning, she said the results would be with the doctor in a week but if the anxiety was too much to call in 4 days as they should be there by then.
Do we think this is positive?
I told her what I was anxious about and she said why would you think you had cancer?
I’m hoping this is positive and if they could see something alarming I’d know by now

Chlobo
18-03-21, 13:53
You’ve had loads of comments for reassurance so I don’t know that I need to chime in - but, a few phrases stuck out to me through your posts. You walk a dog and push a stroller up and down hilly areas, you fall in holes, you carry your toddler on the hip that is bothering you...to me this only points to a physio issue and nothing else. You’ve strained your hip muscle or hip joint and it’s going to take time to recover. Can you skip the hills for a bit and just walk on flat ground while you wait for it to heal? Maybe switch the toddler to the other hip as well? Just small changes and see if that helps in a couple weeks? These injuries can take loads of time to heal. I’m still struggling with an ankle injury that happened 4+ months ago.

Thank you for your response.
I’ve been doing smaller walks and trying to steer away from fields at the moment so not to fall over again.
I will definitely try swapping her to the other hip and seeing if that helps as well.
I had my X-ray this morning and the tech said she couldn’t see anything immediately concerning, and would send results to doctor which would take 7 days but to call in four if I was super anxious as they would be there.
I’m hoping this is positive

silver_shoes
19-03-21, 01:02
It’s horrible when you can’t stop worrying about things isn’t it?

I get the most random leg pains all the time it’s really strange. Like I can just be sitting here and I will get a throbbing pain in my thigh all of a sudden. (In my case personally I put it down to being overweight).
There would be other symptoms if you had a blood clot such as breathlessness or a persistent cough.
My advice would be to see how things go and if it is still like this in a few weeks then go and see the GP again.

glassgirlw
19-03-21, 22:53
I think the techs response after you told her what you were anxious about is key. If she thought your symptoms in any way pointed to what you were fearing, she would not have asked you that!

Chlobo
20-03-21, 07:32
Problem is the pain just isn’t going away, right in the groin it’s sore, like I have pulled it or torn something. But it says on google most groin injuries take 6/8 weeks to heal. I think I’m on week 8 now and yes it’s got better than it was but it isn’t going away

Cptdebbie
23-03-21, 23:34
Muscle aches and pains are part of anxiety. We hold our muscles tense. It makes them spasm and hurt.

I had five kids by the time I was twenty eight. I can relate to where you are. I look back and realize that my body was YELLING at me to take better care of myself. Maybe your body is doing the same thing? I think glass girl gave you some great ideas to start with.

Also, old 60 year old me gets thigh pain a lot. It is actually referred pain from arthritis in my knees. I have two heating pads to help me out when it comes on. This has been happening for years. If it’s cancer, it’s the slowest in the world.

Take care of yourself, okay? Give your body a break. It’s probably tired and over stressed. You can still be an amazing mom while taking time to relax.

Best,
Debbie

Chlobo
24-03-21, 21:50
Muscle aches and pains are part of anxiety. We hold our muscles tense. It makes them spasm and hurt.

I had five kids by the time I was twenty eight. I can relate to where you are. I look back and realize that my body was YELLING at me to take better care of myself. Maybe your body is doing the same thing? I think glass girl gave you some great ideas to start with.

Also, old 60 year old me gets thigh pain a lot. It is actually referred pain from arthritis in my knees. I have two heating pads to help me out when it comes on. This has been happening for years. If it’s cancer, it’s the slowest in the world.

Take care of yourself, okay? Give your body a break. It’s probably tired and over stressed. You can still be an amazing mom while taking time to relax.

Best,
Debbie

Maybe this is true, i do spend a lot of time walking but I figure I’m young so I surely shouldn’t be experiencing pain.
My lower back is always painful, my hips ache and this inner thigh pain/hip pain is just anxiety driving.
I’m just so worried it could be sometning sinister

Chlobo
24-03-21, 21:52
So I’ve had my pelvic X-ray, they also did an X-ray down to my knee area so that’s where the pain stops and the doctor has put a note on my system saying it’s normal when I phoned up to ask.
My mind is jumping to soft tissue sarcoma where an X-ray wouldn’t pick it up due to it being in the muscle.
This is a special kind of hell.
The doctor is calling me tomorrow because I made an appointment to speak to him about the X-rays and ask if he thinks I need to continue to worry. I am so so sick and tired of feeling like this

Chlobo
24-03-21, 21:54
I mean if the X-rays are normal then what could this possibly be?
Can muscle pain really last this long, it’s been 2 months. I’m struggling so much right now with the anxiety of it all

Cptdebbie
24-03-21, 22:41
I’ve had muscle pain last for many months. Especially if it’s from tension, it will go on until the tension stops. That could be years.

I just had my breast exam today and asked the doc to feel a place on my arm that keeps aching. It’s sort of by my armpit and I worried it could be an infected lymph node. She didn’t find anything and said it’s normal to have aches and pains that are seemingly from nowhere.

Hang in there. I bet muscle tension and stress is causing your pain.

Private message me if you want to chat. I have a soft place in my heart for young mothers.

glassgirlw
25-03-21, 00:49
I mean if the X-rays are normal then what could this possibly be?
Can muscle pain really last this long, it’s been 2 months. I’m struggling so much right now with the anxiety of it all

I have had a bunged up ankle for years. No clue what I did to it, but some days it hurts to walk or bend my ankle. Other days it’s more bearable. I also deal with hip pain, it will wake me up in the night because I’m a side sleeper so I have to roll over and switch sides every so often - otherwise my hips ache. Also have knee issues, and lower back pain. I’ve honestly never really thought about being anything serious, we put a ton of stress on our bodies just by walking around every day - so we’re bound to have muscle/joint pain.

Chlobo
25-03-21, 18:00
I’m posting again and I’m sorry but I’m having a panic attack.
My pelvic X-ray has come back normal and bloods were normal but I’m convinced I have soft tissue sarcoma in my thigh or groin. I have no lump but really sore pain where my leg connects to my body all the way around that travels down to knee sometimes. My lower back is so sore majority of the time. Even my bum cheek feels sore tonight and I keep having sharp pains up the side of my thigh. This has been going on two months now.
I spoke to my doctor about my worries about sarcoma and he said that He wouldn’t of thought cancer had I not brought it up. He thinks it’s muscular or tendons. I spoke to a physio who said it sounds like tight hip flexor muscles and possibly some bursitis of the hip but to call back if it doesn’t ease. I haven’t done the stretches he gave me because it makes my leg hurt and I get anxious!
He said he doesn’t think I need an MRI but said he could do one and also some more bloods to test for other things if I wanted.
I’m just so so scared.

BlueIris
25-03-21, 18:01
Are you aware that these thoughts are irrational?

Carys
25-03-21, 18:12
He thinks it’s muscular or tendons. I spoke to a physio who said it sounds like tight hip flexor muscles and possibly some bursitis of the hip

My pelvic X-ray has come back normal and bloods were normal

So, why aren't you jumping for joy (bar obviously a hip pain stopping that ;O) ?

Chlobo
25-03-21, 18:14
It’s so sore. It can’t be normal. I’m a mess 😢

BlueIris
25-03-21, 18:20
Could you answer my question, please?

nomorepanic
25-03-21, 18:23
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Chlobo
25-03-21, 18:32
Could you answer my question, please?

I don’t think they are anymore, I mean sarcoma does happen. I have no lump but what could this pain be and for so long. It’s so tonight as well, more sore than it’s been in a while

nomorepanic
25-03-21, 18:35
I have all these pains as well - in my lower back, bum and down my legs. Really painful to walk but sitting down is fine.

It is caused by sitting around during lockdown and not doing much.

Cancer never even entered my head.

Carys
25-03-21, 18:35
I have no lump but what could this pain be and for so long

The doctor/physio has answered that question though :shrug:

Fishmanpa
25-03-21, 21:16
I don’t think they are anymore, I mean sarcoma does happen. I have no lump but what could this pain be and for so long. It’s so tonight as well, more sore than it’s been in a while

The physio therapist rang me yesterday and said it sounds like hip flexor pain with possible hip bursitis.

FMP

Chlobo
25-03-21, 21:52
I just don’t believe anyone right now, I’m in such a bad place. I’ve had to take painkillers tonight because my lower back and hips ache too, along with the thigh and groin being very sore

Fishmanpa
25-03-21, 22:10
I just don’t believe anyone right now

So what's the point of seeking reassurance? :huh:

FMP

nomorepanic
25-03-21, 22:26
There is nothing else we can do for you then so sorry but you need to find help with your doctor then as this is an anxiety site not a medical site. Good luck with it all

Chlobo
26-03-21, 06:27
I’m just in such a state, I don’t know what to do to help myself anymore 😢

Chlobo
26-03-21, 06:28
I have four kids and all I can think about is sarcoma. I can’t even look at my children right now 😭

Chlobo
26-03-21, 06:29
It’s so sore when I walk today, I’ve just woken up and ouch it’s there. I got my daughter to sit on my thigh while I was cross legged yesterday to try and stretch it out a bit to see if it helped. Could that be any? My lower tummy is sore too

Chlobo
26-03-21, 06:31
Could that be why that was meant to say

Chlobo
26-03-21, 06:33
I’ve had muscle pain last for many months. Especially if it’s from tension, it will go on until the tension stops. That could be years.

I just had my breast exam today and asked the doc to feel a place on my arm that keeps aching. It’s sort of by my armpit and I worried it could be an infected lymph node. She didn’t find anything and said it’s normal to have aches and pains that are seemingly from nowhere.

Hang in there. I bet muscle tension and stress is causing your pain.

Private message me if you want to chat. I have a soft place in my heart for young mothers.

Thank you debbie, I can’t seem to figure out how to private message you. On this

Chlobo
26-03-21, 06:37
[QUOTE=Fishmanpa;1996550]FMP[/Q
What does fmp mean?

Rb93
26-03-21, 10:44
Sounds like sciatica?

nomorepanic
26-03-21, 11:31
[QUOTE=Fishmanpa;1996550]FMP[/Q
What does fmp mean?

We call him FMP because he is FishManPa

Chlobo
29-03-21, 21:52
Do we think if I had a muscle cancer or sarcoma I would have other serious issues by now?

nomorepanic
29-03-21, 21:56
Yes but it isn't cancer, we are pretty sure of that.

Chlobo
29-03-21, 22:40
But how can we be sure. I just don’t know what to do or how to cope 😭

Fishmanpa
29-03-21, 22:46
But how can we be sure. I just don’t know what to do or how to cope 

If you're that convinced, and by your insistent posting about it is any indication, you need to gather your medical records and contact a cancer center for an evaluation if they'll even consider it (which they won't). Let us know how you make out.

FMP

nomorepanic
29-03-21, 22:47
Well you have been told it isn't so now it is down to you to get control of the HA and stop it spiralling further.

fizzymoon86
31-03-21, 20:57
Your pain sounds very much like sciatica.

I’ve suffered with sciatica for years and more so during pregnancy and now, 9 months post partum I can hardly move for the pain. I’ve had to take codeine but the pain is so bad it doesn’t even touch it and barely takes the edge off.

Sciatica causes pain in the lower back, hips, thighs (front and back) and lower leg down to feet. The pain can be dull and aching, stabbing or shooting.

You’ve had an X-ray which was clear. You need to rest and the pain will ease. Give it time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chlobo
03-04-21, 17:49
This is exactly what it’s like fizzymoon. It’s actually been better the last few days and I’ve been out walking and my lower back hip and thigh ache so bad. I just need to sit down but I can’t as have the kids to sort out

Chlobo
07-04-21, 09:05
So it’s back full force guys. Lower back ache, the thigh pain. It had practically gone away ��
I walked over fields pushing my pram with my friend which was such a silly idea but I thought it was okay. Now my back is hurting and my leg again. Back to square one ��
my doctor said this sort of stuff can last for ages, I’m just scared it’s cancer. She said it isn’t but what if??

Carys
07-04-21, 09:30
It WENT. Cancer doesn't come and go, get better and worse. So, your illogical cancer theory is entirely dispproved now.

Chlobo
07-04-21, 10:32
I just don’t understand what’s going on with my body. But the fear of seeking more tests now is overwhelming.
I spoke to a doctor who said to me these things can last for ages and she isn’t worried about my symptoms. But im just confused as to why this is happening.

my friend said it’s probably due to my body being more lax after having a baby a year ago, plus damaged it somehow and it needs proper rest which I can’t do due to having too much of a busy lifestyle and walking in a field using all my muscles has flared it up again. She’s also suggested sciatica type pain.
this is an odd for me as I never suffer with aches and pains before. Urgh the anxiety is just horrible, I was so happy when I was feeling better.

Carys
07-04-21, 11:01
It is very common for the sacroiliatic pelvic joints to alter during and after pregnancy, the hormones cause ligaments to be 'slack' and more prone to injury. Some women are hospitalised from this problem. You don't need more tests.

Chlobo
10-04-21, 19:56
I hope that’s all it is.
It’s been ages now this issue, I mean it started at the start of Feb and it’s now April.
I just wish it would go away!!

nomorepanic
10-04-21, 20:12
I am the same with lower back, bum and leg pain - hope it goes soon as well

Chlobo
13-04-21, 22:32
So my leg is starting to feel okay again. But today I’ve had lower back ache most of the day and now my left hip is so sore.
almost like I’ve twisted it somehow. It really hurts to turn my body or move my hip.
Oh it could be septic arthritis my mind is saying.
My goodness when does it ever end

nomorepanic
13-04-21, 22:39
Still got mine but unlike you I am not worried.

Maybe you need to get up and move around more?

Carys
14-04-21, 08:56
My goodness when does it ever end

When you decide to stop telling yourself its things like septic arthritis. (you shouldn't even know what that is)

Chlobo
14-04-21, 22:45
I’m not sure if I’ve slept funny or this is the beginning of something bad.

it does feel like I’ve pulled something in my hip or back but it really hurts. It’s worse tonight actually. I’m so anxious and fed up. Maybe I have just slept funny I’m just worried that I have problems with my body or cancer somewhere due to these weird random pains I’m getting.
leg is feel alright for now but my hip is just really painful

nomorepanic
14-04-21, 22:53
Can't you self-refer for physio?

Chlobo
16-04-21, 09:46
I’m getting a call on Monday from the physio.
I just feel like my muscles around my hips and back are really sensitive or weak as they keep hurting.
seems like it’s very easy to pull them or make them sore.
my lower back is always hurting at the moment.
I just feel like a nervous wreck.

Chlobo
17-04-21, 01:38
Had to get my friend to sleep over tonight, my anxiety is so bad.
im scared this pain could be a kidney, it’s on my side above my hip bone, it did feel like a sore muscle but I don’t know anymore, it just hurts.
I cried into my friends lap tonight, I’m just so sore, tired and worried.
the leg doesn’t really hurt now, but this side/hip pain has basically replaced it

Chlobo
18-04-21, 10:05
When I look in the mirror sideways I can see a noticeable ‘bulge’ on the left hand side where the sacroiliac joint is. To feel it I can’t feel anything and I’m pulling the skin taunt and it sort of goes I think. I’m having lower back pain but I’m panicking about this.
I had a pelvic X-ray not long ago which showed all that area on an X-ray I think but I’m in a terrible hole at the moment and need some much needdd support.

does anyone have one side bulgier than the other?

Sar89
18-04-21, 22:48
Think you will find most people are not symmetrical. I for example discovered the other day one of my eyes is higher than the other one (much to my horror) u will have general lumps and bumps on your body that aren’t the same as the other side. You had a pelvic X-ray not long ago. Nothing sinister would have happened to your body in such a short amount of time.

Fishmanpa
18-04-21, 23:28
You had been off of the forum for a time and returned recently with this worry. I had forgotten your HA pattern and how it manifests itself. Reviewing your post history, it all came into focus. You've gotten perfectly logical and rational explanations for your symptoms. How you proceed is up to you. Continue on the path of irrationality as you have done in the past or accept the medical and logical explanations and seek help for the physical issues they're causing. You're not going to get people agreeing with your skewed train of thought. Being a member as long as you've been, you should recognize this.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
18-04-21, 23:32
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.