PDA

View Full Version : Worried about covid vaccine

rainbow
03-03-21, 11:13
I have my appointment for my covid vaccine on Friday, I am pleased that I'm getting it but also worried. I have managed to convince myself that I will have an allergic reaction. No particular reason for that to happen but my anxiety won't take that into account.

nomorepanic
03-03-21, 13:12
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Carys
03-03-21, 22:02
Rainbow, I'm scared of it too, and all medicine. However, this is how I am working through it, by telling myself that anywhere giving the vaccine will be prepared for the highly rare and unlikely event of an allergic reaction. They need to have medical provision on hand and ready for action, just incase anyone does have an allergic reaction - so they can immediately medicate and counteract it. Maybe somebody more medical will know more than me, but its something I talked about to my dentist years ago, he showed me his cupboard of 'life saving equipment' which he was trained to use in the event of anybody having a reaction to the injections he gave. I'm sure the same must apply elsewhere too.