PDA

View Full Version : Left eye is blurry, brain cancer fear :(

singing_rabbit
04-03-21, 08:50
Hello!

As the title says, my left eye is blurry most of the time, and it has a weird spot in my peripheral vision (looks a bit like a circular afterimage). I went to an ophthalmologist, two times, and they see nothing wrong with my eyeball itself. So naturally, I think I have brain cancer/tumor now, because what else could it be. :(

If it doesn't go away in a week, I'll have to push my doctor to examine my brain or something, but I'm terrified!

Sorry for being annoying, and thank you for any advice you may have. :weep:

Lolalee1
04-03-21, 09:00
Hi,it could be dry eye,you can buy drops at the chemist or wash your eyelids.X

singing_rabbit
04-03-21, 09:51
Is it normal to have dry eye in one eye only? I bought some eye drops today, but I haven't started using them yet. I hope they'll work, because I'm about to lose it. I have a strong feeling that this time I have something serious.

Lolalee1
05-03-21, 09:40
Yes it is possible, I have had dry eye in the left one for ages even after the removal of cataracts.
I had Blepharitis and had to wash the eyelids with baby shampoo as it didn’t sting,did this twice a day
Ask your Pharmacist or Optometrist they will explain it.It is nothing sinister so don’t panic or stress over it.X

singing_rabbit
06-03-21, 12:21
Thank you! The artificial tears did work in the end, the blurriness is gone! :) Though I still have a weird spot in my peripheral vision that the doctor couldn't identify. Two doctors have already seen my eyes, so I hope it's nothing significant.

Speranza
02-05-21, 20:52
Hiya, I've just had my second cataract done and was thrown by the first eye suddenly becoming blurry.
I've been telling myself it's just dry (I had dry eyes anyway so derrrr).
This reassured me. Thank you!