PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

clarelou
07-11-07, 17:31
Hi Everyone,

Been on Citalopram 20 mg (doc said halve it to get used to it) for 5 days now and feel like !!

My inability to focus my vision lasts all day, soooo tired and am trembling all over these symptons last all day, is this normal will they ever go away???

please post good and bad experiences with this drug please.

richard sharp
07-11-07, 17:39
been on 10mg for a couple of years without any problems. tried to come of them and got palps so doc said stay on them as it will help subdue any palps i have.

clarelou
07-11-07, 17:53
Thanks Richard,

Did they work for you in easing your Anxiety?

Dying_Swan
07-11-07, 18:18
Hi ClareLou.

I've been on them for over 2 years.....with very few problems :)

You do often get side effects with SSRI's (such as Citalopram), but these tend only to last a few weeks. I remember having difficulty eating and sleeping, and having a lot of dizziness when I stood up. They usually say give it 6 weeks for it to get into your system and stop making you feel groggy.

Keep in regular contact with your GP at the moment, as it's important you are fairly closely monitored for the time being.

Hope you feel better soon xxx :flowers:

honeybee3939
07-11-07, 18:27
Hi Clairelou

I took Citalopram for 10 years off and on, they worked wonders for me, i have been drug free since last Christmas though, like the others have said when first starting them they usually hieghten your anxiety and take a few weeks to settle in.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

flinty90
07-11-07, 18:36
i think you will find like with most omeopathis remedies when you start takin these things they normally bring out the worst in you or even give you more of what you are suffering until you get used to them, it is part of the healing process as they are actually upping your tolerence to whatever it is you are suffereing, so if you feeling all the effects then its more than likely working for you, you have to get worse before you get better..

RALPH874
07-11-07, 18:44
Hi Claire Lou

I have been on escitalopram for two years. They were very hard to start felt very wired for a few weeks then it clicked into place and I was so glad I stuck with them.

Was on seroxat a few yeras ago and feel these are superior from side effects point of view.

Hang in there stick it out and you will be glad in a short time.

:shades:

louwilliams
07-11-07, 19:11
Hi

IVe been on cipralex for about 4 1/2 years now. i had no bad effects from it when i first went on it. the only bad thing i can say is that my CPN advised me to come off it a few months ago and when i tried they made me really bad-blurred vision, dizziness, feeling faint and palpitations. all in all i can say that they have helped me with the bigger panic attacks (as in being in A&E) but i do still have a lot of problems with them and GAD and also agrophobia so although they do help, they are not a miracle cure.

hope this helps?
lou x

Mooky
07-11-07, 21:52
HI

I was on Citalopram for 1 week. I had extreme anxiety and a horrible panic attack. Doctor said to stay off them for 1 week, and then start with half a tablet again. I didn't bother. I went back to see her and have been on Sertraline for 2 months, which seems to suit me better.

Mooky x

richard sharp
08-11-07, 09:44
Thanks Richard,

Did they work for you in easing your Anxiety?

yes, they definately helped with my anxiety. all medication as side effects but if they help you its better than suffering. best wishes, richard

joannap
08-11-07, 10:29
hi. i have been on citalopram for 2.5 weeks and feel the side effects are just starting to lessen a little. i had anxiety through the roof, racing thoughts, insomnia, yawning, feeling spaced out and jaw clenching but am sticking with them - am just starting to feel my mood lift slightly and although the anxiety/thoughts are still there - it is not so loud if you see what i mean. the doctor told me you should start to feel more emotionally stable within a few weeks and then slow improvement from then on.

flinty90 - that's a really good analogy!! feeling worse before you get better. i felt pretty bad before i started these and so its hard to say what is the tablets and what is you but i told myself if i could cope with the side effects when they weren;t actually benefiting me yet - i could cope with anything!