PDA

View Full Version : Some reassurance RE: COVID vaccine

BlueEeyes
04-03-21, 16:26
Not sure if this is the right place but I wanted to write this post in the hope that it may help at least one person who fears getting the vaccine!

I am a HA sufferer and I am currently going through a bout at the moment 😏

However last week I received a letter offering me the vaccine and telling me how to book, when I went online there was only a few possible appointments and all within a few days or so, anyway I had to choose one and figured that if I wasn't going through a bout of HA then I would of just booked with no problem (slight anxiety but nothing too bad)

Anyway my mum had booked hers for the same day just 5 mins apart, the nearest place offering it was 20 miles away (30 mins by train)

I was very anxious but went, it was all very quick, our details were taken and we waited in line for around 10 mins, the nurse was amazing and so funny, I felt the tiniest pressure and it was done!

My mum felt nothing at all.
That was Monday and neither of us have had any side effects other than a very slight arm ache!

If I can do it........ANYONE can! 🙂

nomorepanic
04-03-21, 17:03
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Scass
04-03-21, 20:29
Thank you for sharing! So pleased you’ve had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carys
08-03-21, 14:21
Thanks for sharing - I am having 'covid vaccine anxiety' today :(

Scass
08-03-21, 19:16
Thanks for sharing - I am having 'covid vaccine anxiety' today :(

Oh Carys.
It would be weird if you just skipped in there. I still get anxiety around my yearly flu shot. It’s perfectly natural.
I’m sure when I get my turn that I’ll be anxious too & you can help me then x

pulisa
08-03-21, 19:53
Shall we call it "VaxxAnx"?:D It's all perfectly normal, Carys..I presume you've got a date or are anticipating one shortly?

Carys
08-03-21, 20:11
I have a date yes, in the rather close future (which I made myself I'd like to add) LOL I am flippin terrified of vaccines and any medication, its nearly stopped me having necessary surgery in the past. I know, I know, 23 million people have already had it and are fine........:roflmao:I'm working hard on positive reinforcement, really hard, but as a life-long avoider of anything that could cause 'anaphylaxis' and even basic painkillers, its pushing me, but I will do it.

I think some people are skipping in though Scass, it sounds that way when they say 'oh goody, great.....' I've never had a flu shot, and I think last time I had a vaccine was 25 years ago.

VaxAnx - yes, it needs a name LOL

pulisa
08-03-21, 20:51
Can you look at it as a huge investment for your health? Like a mammogram? A screening tool?

glassgirlw
09-03-21, 00:20
I have a date yes, in the rather close future (which I made myself I'd like to add) LOL I am flippin terrified of vaccines and any medication, its nearly stopped me having necessary surgery in the past. I know, I know, 23 million people have already had it and are fine........:roflmao:I'm working hard on positive reinforcement, really hard, but as a life-long avoider of anything that could cause 'anaphylaxis' and even basic painkillers, its pushing me, but I will do it.

I think some people are skipping in though Scass, it sounds that way when they say 'oh goody, great.....' I've never had a flu shot, and I think last time I had a vaccine was 25 years ago.

VaxAnx - yes, it needs a name LOL

Carys you sound very much like me. I only take ibuprofen or Tylenol for pain. Even during my kidney stone episode...they wanted to pump me full of morphine or Demerol and I refused lol. Don’t do flu shots. Get anxious about any new antibiotic they try to put me on, so will typically only take penicillin when needed. The Covid vax has me extremely nervous. But guaranteed I’ll be getting it just as soon as they say it’s my turn.

from what I’ve seen it’s so quick you won’t even know you’ve had it done. The worst part for me will be the 15 min observation time where I’m not allowed to leave and I’ll be “scanning” my body for side effects constantly. I can’t wait for my turn though - I’m my mind it’s what signals the start of returning to “normal” times.

Pamplemousse
09-03-21, 19:25
The worst part for me will be the 15 min observation time where I’m not allowed to leave and I’ll be “scanning” my body for side effects constantly. I can’t wait for my turn though - I’m my mind it’s what signals the start of returning to “normal” times.

Here in the UK it seems if you have the OAZ vaccine this 15-minute wait doesn't happen; I was Pfizered and it did - and yes, I was doing the "body scan" thing too!

glassgirlw
11-03-21, 01:07
Here in the UK it seems if you have the OAZ vaccine this 15-minute wait doesn't happen; I was Pfizered and it did - and yes, I was doing the "body scan" thing too!

i was able to make my vaccine appt today. I believe the office is giving Pfizer. It’s Friday afternoon. Let the nerves begin lol. Oh well - not going to let anything stop me getting it - including anxiety lol!

pulisa
11-03-21, 07:58
I think you'd have a lot more than just 15 mins of body scanning to do if you caught Covid though, glassgirlw..

Good for you for ploughing ahead and booking your jab. Yes you'll be anxious but that's ok because most people are but you won't regret investing in your future health. At least you haven't got that long to wait although I know that it's long enough!! You won't need it but good luck!

Scass
11-03-21, 10:45
You could do the body scanning in a positive way - relax the muscles that are tense and breathe.
Tough I know, but a much better use of your time.

Really glad you’re getting it x

glassgirlw
11-03-21, 11:16
Pulisa and Scass - you’re both right!! I have honestly been looking forward to this since the vaccines first became available. So it’s hard to tell if my nerves are excitement or fear lol. Regardless - I’m looking forward to getting it and moving on!!!

Scass
11-03-21, 12:43
A bit of both is fine x

Panicattacka
11-03-21, 14:08
Denmark and Austria have just suspended use of the AstraZenica vaccine because of reported blood clot deaths:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56357760

Gary A
11-03-21, 16:27
Denmark and Austria have just suspended use of the AstraZenica vaccine because of reported blood clot deaths:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56357760

“ The EU medicines agency has emphasised there is no indication the vaccine had caused blood clots.
It said the number of cases in vaccinated people was no higher than in the general population.”

It’s a precaution. With such high amount of vaccines administered worldwide eventually deaths from other causes are going to happen in people who were recently vaccinated.

As the quote above says, the numbers of cases in vaccinated people was no higher than in the general population. However, when people die after vaccination and there’s even a remote possibility of a pattern emerging, they shut it down to look into it further. The most likely outcome is that no link will be established and the vaccine will be put back into use.

Noivous
11-03-21, 16:59
So I'm not worried about the vaccine at all. Cause I'm not getting it lol. But any friends of mine who've taken it seem fine so far.

Pamplemousse
11-03-21, 17:01
The UK Government "Yellow Card" reporting system provides a breakdown of all reported side-effects to the vaccines here (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting).

However... how many of the reported deaths are directly as a result of the vaccines is very much open to debate.

Pamplemousse
11-03-21, 17:03
So I'm not worried about the vaccine at all. Cause I'm not getting it lol.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/79d7220880c38c47f84451e75c01cee9/tenor.gif?itemid=11907187

Noivous
11-03-21, 17:03
Oh I love that show!

Carys
11-03-21, 17:46
Cheers for that Panickattacka (sarcasm) and Cheers for that Gary ! (not sarcasm)

pulisa
11-03-21, 17:57
Some people just love contributing to threads with "bad" news, don't they?

pulisa
11-03-21, 17:59
So I'm not worried about the vaccine at all. Cause I'm not getting it lol. But any friends of mine who've taken it seem fine so far.

Yes Mr Trump is still fine so far..allegedly:winks:

Pamplemousse
11-03-21, 20:41
Yes Mr Trump is still fine so far..allegedly:winks:

He won the election, you know...

pulisa
11-03-21, 21:02

You can't win 'em all...

whispershadow
11-03-21, 21:52
the pfizer vaccine is fine, most people just get a heavy arm from it :hugs:

Fishmanpa
11-03-21, 21:59

:roflmao: Hey... We'll know by March 20th ;)

FMP

Panicattacka
12-03-21, 08:30
Now Thailand, Denmark, Norway, and Iceland have temporarily suspended its rollout.Italy and Austria, meanwhile, have stopped using certain batches of the drug as a precautionary measure.

The Danish government has said Denmark's decision was a "precautionary measure [taken] while a full investigation is ongoing into reports of blood clots in people who received the vaccine, including one case in Denmark where a person died".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56369550

Lolalee1
12-03-21, 09:42
:roflmao: Hey... We'll know by March 20th ;)

FMP

Getting close FMP.:roflmao:

Gary A
12-03-21, 10:05
Now Thailand, Denmark, Norway, and Iceland have temporarily suspended its rollout.Italy and Austria, meanwhile, have stopped using certain batches of the drug as a precautionary measure.

The Danish government has said Denmark's decision was a "precautionary measure [taken] while a full investigation is ongoing into reports of blood clots in people who received the vaccine, including one case in Denmark where a person died".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56369550

“ Around 5 million Europeans have already received the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Of this figure, about 30 cases had reported "thromboembolic events" - or developing blood clots.”

Again proving my point above. Out of 5 million people vaccinated 30 have developed blood clots. What’s more likely, that this vaccine is causing coagulation issues not detected across months of testing and health screening in tens of thousands of volunteers, or that 30 people across an entire continent just so happened to develop blood clots?

Again, this is purely precautionary and it’s actually very reassuring to know that they’re monitoring things like this so closely. Frankly, 30 out of 5 million, for me anyway, wouldn’t even hit my radar. It just shows how seriously safety is taken.

Carys
12-03-21, 11:45
:yesyes:

Can I also add - in some EU countries they are still at the point of vaccinating those who are at high risk already (so behind us by a few weeks), due to underlying health conditions. Essentially, they are on the earlier groups. So, its not a big leap to suspect that these individuals who already had risks and underlying health issues are, irrespective of the vaccine, at risk of having health events consistent with their conditions.

MyNameIsTerry
12-03-21, 12:29
And their own EMA has initially said no risk so carry on using them whilst referring the exact batch for testing. Two EU countries aren't stopping it.

Our MHRA say no evidence.

The AZ vaccine has been a political football so beware certain countries seeing another opportunity for an argument. Stick to the science and what it tells us which has been covered above. The EU are in a big fight with AZ because of they angry citizens demanding answers and shifting focus to a possible scapegoat is the way of politicians trying to distance themselves from their own failures.

We had similar scaremongering in the press over Pfizer early on leading to some panicking on here. Meanwhile rollouts continue with few giving it a thought..except HAers. So back to the fundamentals of and8ety with black & white thinking, the need for 100% in everything and all the usual Cognitive Distortions when scientists are saying these events are within normal expectancies.

Gary A
12-03-21, 13:07
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/coronavirus-news-covid-lockdown-vaccine-brazil-variant-uk-cases/

A new study has found that one dose of a vaccine reduces transmission by 30% and a second reduces it by 54%. Also worth noting that these studies were performed in healthcare workers living with other healthcare workers who can easily catch the virus from elsewhere, so these rates are most likely far lower than the actual reduction.

The vaccines are truly showing how powerful a tool they are in fighting things like this.

pulisa
12-03-21, 14:04
The anti-vaxxers will really have to up their game now. Must be so annoying for them.

MyNameIsTerry
12-03-21, 14:50
The anti-vaxxers will really have to up their game now. Must be so annoying for them.

Will they flip it? When Whitty says the vaccines have sorted it will they claim they haven't and now it suddenly exists and is rampant? :biggrin:

Been a great year for them. Lots of day trips out. Back to boring old conspiracies soon...

Scass
12-03-21, 16:07
Will they flip it? When Whitty says the vaccines have sorted it will they claim they haven't and now it suddenly exists and is rampant? :biggrin:

Been a great year for them. Lots of day trips out. Back to boring old conspiracies soon...

[emoji23]

Should also point out that as a HA’er, I’m not scared of the vaccines. Maybe there is a lot to be learnt from that.

glassgirlw
12-03-21, 16:42
[emoji23]

Should also point out that as a HA’er, I’m not scared of the vaccines. Maybe there is a lot to be learnt from that.

Same here. I’m a little nervous but that stems more from taking something I’ve not taken before - which is normal for me anyway. But not afraid of the vaccine at all, in fact I’m anxious to finally be getting it.

Carys
12-03-21, 17:30
Isn't it today you are having it glassgirl ?

pulisa
12-03-21, 17:51

It is. I hope we will soon hear from her but I appreciate that we are some hours ahead here in the UK.

How are you, Carys? I hope you are feeling more reassured but I fully appreciate your fears which are completely normal.

Gary A
12-03-21, 18:00

Many of them will have made a fair bit of money over the past year by selling their guff to an increasingly larger audience. They’re nothing but snake oil salesmen profiting from a virus that’s killed millions. They truly are the worst type of people.

glassgirlw
12-03-21, 18:35

it is!! At 4:10 this afternoon, so about three or so hours from now. Nerves are up, but so is excitement. Such an odd combination lol.

Carys
12-03-21, 18:42
How are you, Carys? I hope you are feeling more reassured but I fully appreciate your fears which are completely normal.

Kind of swinging in and out of logic and reassurance states LOL

pulisa
12-03-21, 20:56
The worst bit is the "build up". It'll be a piece of cake compared to what you've been through in the past.

KallaMouse
14-03-21, 06:36
I think you'd have a lot more than just 15 mins of body scanning to do if you caught Covid though, glassgirlw..

I've been worrying a bit about the 15 minute wait. This is a very good point - helpful. Thank you. :)

pulisa
14-03-21, 08:09
Glad I could be of some help! I had a few wobbly moments but realised it was more down to anxiety than to anything else. I think it's quite normal to be apprehensive but these extreme reactions are very rare and you are screened before you have the jab anyway.

glassgirlw
14-03-21, 11:04
I've been worrying a bit about the 15 minute wait. This is a very good point - helpful. Thank you. :)

Hi there! I will say this is the part that most worried me as well. Once I’d actually had my vaccine and moved to the waiting area, I found I didn’t even do any “scanning”!! I was excited to have received the vaccine, was busy texting family and friends to let them know I was done, visited a little bit with others waiting, and the time was over before I knew it! You’ll do just fine!

Carys
15-03-21, 12:25
I had mine 3 hours ago this morning, it was the Oxford version, so there was no wait required but I will admit its the part that concerned me too. Saying that, when I was told there was 'no wait and I could go' I started thinking I'd prefer to be waiting and having someone medical watching me. Can't win ! :roflmao:

pulisa
15-03-21, 13:48
But you HAVE won! You've done brilliantly! That was a huge step for you, Carys so really well done!

Carys
15-03-21, 14:49
Thanks buddy, took every ounce of mental fight ......I feel a big sense of achievement with my little sticker. Lol

MyNameIsTerry
15-03-21, 15:46
Nice one, Carys. :yesyes:

It all seems to be working and your tracking chip is reporting that choccy bar you are eating. People think it's a chip but it's really a tiny little man in a shrunken vessel like in that film, Inner Space :biggrin:

Carys
15-03-21, 16:18
The tracking device is faulty, it's a flapjack, but mentally.....it's a choccy bar I want. So maybe the tracking device can read my mind ?

Gary A
15-03-21, 17:04
So Middle Weight Champ Marvin Hagler passed away on Saturday suddenly. And now this is all over the internet from many including fellow boxing great Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns:

Social media erupted, with one commenter stating: "Im proper gutted!! the Great Marvin Hagler dies after taking the vaccine! Please do your own research before making a decision on putting something in your body that has not been tested properly & we r being used as the guinea pigs & not told the #Truth about #vaccine."

A tweet was put out saying he was in hospital suffering side effects of the vaccine. His son reported that he had severe chest pain and trouble breathing.

Sorry, that sounds like a heart attack to me. His death is listed as natural causes on his families website. He may have had the vaccine, but how can one say with absolute certainty that this is why he died? Only those professionals looking in to his cause of death can tell us what actually caused it.

Sorry, but why would you post this on a thread full of people who have concerns about taking a vaccine? There are people who have had their vaccine today, yet they’re on an anxiety website reading a thread offering reassurance, and you’re posting that someone has died due to the Covid vaccine when that has not even slightly been proven. Slightly reckless, no?

Noivous
15-03-21, 17:11
Why would I post it on this thread? That question answers itself.

Carys
15-03-21, 17:14
This is irresponsible and selfish posting Noivous.

Carys
15-03-21, 17:19
Indeed, if this vaccine fitted those criteria ! (Which it doesn't )

Noivous
15-03-21, 17:21
But alright I'll take it down. A discussion for a different thread then.

Gary A
15-03-21, 17:32
I just think it's proper to question a vaccine that wasn't properly tested/proven don't you?

Saying that the vaccine killed someone is not “questioning” anything, it’s making a statement based on nothing more than hearsay from social media.

Posting that unsubstantiated claim in this thread, of all threads, is just thoughtless, frankly. If it’s proven to be true then by all means, let’s discuss, but at this point it’s nothing more than social media gossip from those just itching to find a problem so they can be right.

Gary A
15-03-21, 17:37
I mean you don't think something called "Operation Warp Speed" is rushed out?

That’s not the point though, is it? You’re casually linking a death to this with absolutely no evidence. That’s it. You’re making that casual link in a thread chock full of folk who are deeply concerned at having been vaccinated.

Gary A
15-03-21, 17:38
Has anyone died from the vaccine? It should be asked. Yes?

Yes, but you didn’t ask. You made a claim. You did so with no evidence. That’s not asking anything, and I think you know that.

Gary A
15-03-21, 17:45
You better go reread it. I don't believe I made a claim.

Ok, I’ll reword it. You repeated a claim from someone else that the vaccine killed this person.

Carys
15-03-21, 17:51
This thread has the title 'reassurance' in it, how did your post do that, do tell ?

pulisa
15-03-21, 17:51
Trump didn't question it though?

pulisa
15-03-21, 17:56
Hagler's family must hate his death being used in this way.

Gary A
15-03-21, 17:56
The post, which I deleted btw, was really just pointing out that the vaccine needs to be questioned more. At least that's how I feel.

N, come on man, you’re not stupid. There is a thread entitled “the vaccine” which I started, the first post is literally asking those who have concerns to say as much and we could all discuss it.

You’ve copy/pasted a random tweet from goodness knows who and posted it in this thread. It’s just a funny way of saying “hey, we should question these vaccines more.”

pulisa
15-03-21, 17:59
But now, since you seem to know a lot about all things virus/vaccine related, answer the question I asked, Gary (wearer of many masks). Has anyone died from the vaccine? It's a tough question but needs to be asked and answered honestly.

How can this be proved by a genuine medical professional? What criteria are there for death as a result of a vaccine?

Noivous
15-03-21, 18:00
Come on man? Are you sure you're not Joe Lied-in?😁

Gary A
15-03-21, 18:03
But now, since you seem to know a lot about all things virus/vaccine related, answer the question I asked, Gary (wearer of many masks). Has anyone died from the vaccine? It's a tough question but needs to be asked and answered honestly.

In clinical trials carried out in tens of thousands of people worldwide, no deaths were recorded as a result of the vaccine. Data on the vaccines are still being collected in the real world, but given that most of the EU are pissing their pants due to 30 cases of DVT in over 5 million people vaccinated, I’d be very surprised if folk were dropping dead from a vaccine and it being ignored.

pulisa
15-03-21, 18:05
Absolutely a doctor would know immediately if someone had an adverse reaction and died after an injection.

So are doctors being bribed to keep quiet?

pulisa
15-03-21, 18:06

Who is honest these days? Honesty has different meanings for different people.

Noivous
15-03-21, 18:08
You😁

pulisa
15-03-21, 18:11
You

Yes but I'm old and still believe in being honest:)

Noivous
15-03-21, 18:23
N, come on man, you’re not stupid. There is a thread entitled “the vaccine” which I started, the first post is literally asking those who have concerns to say as much and we could all discuss it.

You’ve copy/pasted a random tweet from goodness knows who and posted it in this thread. It’s just a funny way of saying “hey, we should question these vaccines more.”

Oh I didn't see that one. I apologise. I'll remove my posts on this thread.

Noivous
15-03-21, 18:24
Yes but I'm old and still believe in being honest:)

You are not old young lady! But you are honest🤗

glassgirlw
15-03-21, 18:52
I had mine 3 hours ago this morning, it was the Oxford version, so there was no wait required but I will admit its the part that concerned me too. Saying that, when I was told there was 'no wait and I could go' I started thinking I'd prefer to be waiting and having someone medical watching me. Can't win ! :roflmao:

Yay, Carys!! So happy for you!! And I totally get what you’re saying about the wait lol - my crazy brain was saying the same - “at least you’ll be there if something goes wrong” lol.

MyNameIsTerry
15-03-21, 18:58
In clinical trials carried out in tens of thousands of people worldwide, no deaths were recorded as a result of the vaccine. Data on the vaccines are still being collected in the real world, but given that most of the EU are pissing their pants due to 30 cases of DVT in over 5 million people vaccinated, I’d be very surprised if folk were dropping dead from a vaccine and it being ignored.

And it's not even 30 cases they keep citing in their decisions, it's 4 from Norway, 2 from Austria, 2 from Italy. Leaders are citing "information last night" that only they seem privy to get they won't reveal.

Their track record with AZ is very dubious. Trying to seize it, trying to imply the contract states things it doesn't, the NIP major own goal, rubbishing it to their citizens so even vaccine centres are annoyed they can't get people in whilst they are sitting on doses, vetoing despite sitting on stores of it and now this. I do have sympathy for them over AZ not being able to produce what was agreed, and a lot of sympathy for the public stuck in all this mess with a third wave due to political incompetence, but this overly cautious action which opposes their own EMA has a big whiff of politics about it. It stops their citizens demanding a jab with some sleight of hand.

Whilst this is a subject for the other threads I do think it important to point out the possibility of political scaremongering to anxious people. Trust in scientists and not biased politicians. Ours, theirs, they all play games and I've found it appalling they have put people off a vaccine.

pulisa
15-03-21, 20:15
Whatever the true facts I do think it's pretty low to use someone's death in this way. I wonder what his family thinks and I wonder whether they were even consulted about this social media content.

Gary A
15-03-21, 20:43
Whatever the true facts I do think it's pretty low to use someone's death in this way. I wonder what his family thinks and I wonder whether they were even consulted about this social media content.

A tweet was put out, I believe by a friend of his, when he was in hospital saying he was suffering side effects from the vaccine. As is the way of things with the ghoulish freaks of this world, the anti-vax crew leapt on it and are currently using it as their latest drive for publicity.

The friend has since distanced himself for these people and demanded respect for the family. The family have updated their website saying that he died of natural causes. No mention is made of the vaccine whatsoever.

It’s sad that people use things like this, but nobody should really be surprised at the depths people will plunge to in order to be “correct”.