PDA

View Full Version : worst weekend ever!

bethyboo
08-02-05, 12:53
am sorry if this looks like an excuse just to talk but it is lol. had the worst weekend i can remember, night times being the worst. after reaching the point of acute anxiety and feeling that nothing is real, had a panic attack during the night and both sat and sun nights made my poor but loyal freinds talk to me on the phone unitl i felt sane enough to fall asleep. i am not normally a negative person but god this weekend has pushed me to my limits! i have stopped trying to fight the anxiety or rather let it happen and went to the doctors yesterday to go back on efexor. i feel like i tried my hardest to get through it but when im on my own with two kids to try and look after when i feel more insane that i ever have, i am just so tired. the rational side of my brain says, stop being silly, u have been here before, u know whats going on and in a few days u will feel better, u r not going mad and ur not gna die. but the other side is just teetering on the edge and one little push and im gone! i just got to the point when i woke up monday morning and the second i opened my eyes rushed to the toilet feeling sick and thought my god!!! i have never felt so insane! i looked at my children who normally bring me back down to earth and thought i dont know these faces, i dont know what to do.

im sorry this all sounds so negative and this is a positive site but i just need to write it down then maybe a small fraction of the physical terror i am feeling right now might subside.

this is the second day of medication and i just want to sleep and curl up. i feel sick and lost in a world of my own where everything is glazed and sureal. i know i am here and i KNOW i will be ok in a few days but god it is hard. without sounding really cheezy and pathetic this is a poem i wrote when feeling at my worst. i am very embarrased at putting it on here but ti is just how i feel!

a buzzing of thoughts so mad and sureal,
logic? no logic cos nothing is real!

My mind has been filled with irrationl gloom,
i will claw at the edges, try to fight my way through.

the panic is setting, confusion and fear,
get a grip! take control!...but still nothing is clear.

i cant eat, i cant sleep, i feel sick and insane,
what is inside my head while im far far away?

still feel scared and alone though your holding my hand,
we both know you cant help cos u dont understand.

but your pills and your sympathy,kind words and smile,
make me feel more at ease than ive felt for a while.

sorry for being so negative but i feel better knowing that i will be ok in a few days i just wanted it out instead of in ..thanku for listening x

beth xx

beth salisbury

seh1980
08-02-05, 12:57
hi Beth,

Sorry to hear about your weekend from hell!! We all go through bad patches sometime so don't beat yourself up about it. I think your poem is great - it can be very helpful when we write things down like that as it gives us the chance to take a step back and analyse. It's great that you have close friends who have helped you cope as there is nothing worse when feeling anxious and feeling alone. I'm sure that you will soon be feeling like your old self. Keep us informed, ok?

Sarah :D

bethyboo
08-02-05, 13:06
thanku sarah xx
i have just re-read my post and god i sound very pathetic lol. i am not normally like this but sometimes the pretence around everyone gets too much. i feel better now ive said it and i know the worst part is over, i just need to get through the next few days and think positively xxx

beth salisbury

jude
08-02-05, 13:20
Hello Beth,

I have been there so often, (this morning in fact). What a terrifying illness this can be. Hang in there girl, and be safe in the knowledge that you will come out of this the other side. We all despair at times, who would be able to cope with these feelings without cracking occasionally. We are strong people with strong minds.

Take care

Jude x

bluebottle
08-02-05, 14:45
bethyboo,

Please don't ever feel you have to apologize for posting, or think of yourself as pathetic. Your like everyone here, and we all feel afraid at some time or other.

I hope your feeling OK today.

Regards,

Blue

jill
08-02-05, 14:55
Hi Beth

Sooo sorry to here that you have had a bad weekend.
Please don.t apologize we all know how you are feeling and
it dose help to tell people who understand.
This feeling will pass.
The poem is fab,

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can,
Knowledge conquers fear.

Meg
08-02-05, 15:01
Beth- its absolutely fine to have a good vent and howl with us.

I'd much rather you did that than bottled it all in and got more miserable.

There is nothing wrong with going back on meds and giving yourself a break .. You're so right it will pass.

We're with you each step of this ..Let us support you for a while.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Karen
08-02-05, 16:23
Hi Beth

There is no need to beat yourself up for going through a difficult patch. We all have them at some time.

We all need to vent somewhere and it is good to let everything out among people who understand.

We are here for you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

JPF
08-02-05, 20:57
Hi Beth

Like everyone else has said - vent, howl, let it out - :) - it's such a cyclical condition... one moment fine, the next moment feeling like you want to curl up into a ball and scream.

It was a great poem!

The feelings of unrealty/depersonalisation will go away in time - it's not much of a comfort when you're suffering it, I know - but we're all here to help and listen and support so post away!

Good luck and good health

J
PS Was the title a Simpsons - Comic Store Guy quote?? :)

stimpy
09-02-05, 00:33
In no way are you pathetic.
You are telling it like it is. A good vent does us all the world of good.

I love the poem, I read it and thought - yep been there and got the t-shirt and I never want to go back there again.

Hang in there hun.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'