PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum but not to anxiety..

Dspg
07-03-21, 18:45
I suffer with HA and PTSD after nearly 40 years of being treated for cancers and also experience of working in the (sometimes) very stigmatising world of the NHS. Whilst I 'grew up' with the mantra of "common things happen commonly" , it doesn't take much to take me from waking up with a painful thumb joint, to researching whether there are any papers published on thumb transplants! ( Actually , apparently there are, and some self medication with paracetamol sorted things out.) The serious side to this is that worrying takes up so much time and both emotional and physical energy. PTSD means I live each day on high alert, often distractible and struggling to stay focussed. My brain has complete insight into what is going on , but my feelings are independent of logic.

venusbluejeans
07-03-21, 18:50
Hiya Dspg and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Carys
07-03-21, 22:10
HI DSPG, welcome to the forum :) - see you around !

Scissel
08-03-21, 15:18
Welcome to NMP: DSPG :)

I hope things start to improve for you!