PDA

View Full Version : Willow's been in the wars

whispershadow
09-03-21, 22:18
She's had to be in at the vet today, black cat had another go at her and she's had bites from him, he also shared fleas with her so she's having to have stuff from the vet to kill the fleas (the stuff that gets sold online no longer works for fleas, vet said)

Carnation
09-03-21, 22:21
Hi whisper.
That flea treatment works a treat.
Sorry willow suffered at the hands of another cat.
How did it go with the bald patch?

whispershadow
09-03-21, 22:31
Hi whisper.
That flea treatment works a treat.
Sorry willow suffered at the hands of another cat.
How did it go with the bald patch?

She was basically ripping furs out of herself cause of the bite she got and irritation from the fleas the black cat gave her, the flea treatment should get rid of the fleas and the bite injuries will heal on their own, vet said.

The flea stuff is prescription only, so in order to get some for Tigger I've had to send a request in for another appointment. Willow's flea treatment should work for 3 months, vet said.

Carnation
09-03-21, 22:33
Hopefully she will be getting some relief soon. x

whispershadow
09-03-21, 22:46
does it make me a bad meowmy, her getting fleas?

nomorepanic
09-03-21, 23:34
She's had to be in at the vet today, black cat had another go at her and she's had bites from him, he also shared fleas with her so she's having to have stuff from the vet to kill the fleas (the stuff that gets sold online no longer works for fleas, vet said)

The vets says it doesn't work so they can sell you it at a highly inflated cost so please don't believe all they say.

Hope puss is better soon

whispershadow
10-03-21, 00:11
The vets says it doesn't work so they can sell you it at a highly inflated cost so please don't believe all they say.

Hope puss is better soon

Thanks Nic, i think the vet was being honest though, I had used flea stuff from amazon a couple of weeks ago on both Tigger and Willow, but Willow definately did have lumpy bits in her fur that i thought before the vet trip was seeds and stuff she had picked up from outside, but apparently its fleas, i cant get the stuff the vet sold me today without a prescription, which i dont have for my girlie

i cant feel any lumpy bits in Tigger's fur, but to be safe i sent in a request for a appointment for Tigger (that way if it is fleas then I can be sure they will get killed off)

One thing I am looking at getting is a flea comb, idk if thats a good alternative or not though.

Carnation
10-03-21, 00:51
I think you might be right Nic.

Fishmanpa
10-03-21, 01:17

Hope puss is better soon

I can vouch for that. There are many flea remedies and cats can be pretty sensitive to them. Our boy is sensitive to flea meds and we've use Advantage (Vet recommended) successfully for ten years.

I don't know if you saw my thread but we tried to adopt a doggie. Turned out he was cat aggressive and we had an incident and ended up having to return him (shame too as he really was a sweet guy otherwise). When the 'incident' happened, I was able to separate them and other than some tufts of fur and some trauma, Socrates was fine. He was stressed a bit for a day but chilled out soon enough and just kept his distance. I applied Advantage to him as a precaution and he's fine :)

Do a little research and look into Advantage. As long as you apply it properly, it works without adverse affects.

Positive thoughts

BlueIris
10-03-21, 05:39
Get better soon, Willow!

Carnation
10-03-21, 09:28
No, it doesn't make you a bad mummy whisper. It's something that just happens and is easily solvable. x

Lolalee1
10-03-21, 09:34

For you whisper :flowers:

Scass
10-03-21, 09:59
Get better soon puss x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whispershadow
10-03-21, 12:38
Grumbly girlie this afternoon, she could smell ANOTHER CAT when i had the door open :wub:

She says OTHER CATS are :banned: from so much as existing today, she still grumpy girlie from vet trip :wub:

Oh and THE VET is :banned:as well :roflmao: