PDA

View Full Version : worried!

sue447
08-02-05, 14:19
hi everyone im feeling quite anxious at present,my poor dad has got to go in for a bypass op tomorrow,im really jittery,i couldnt even be calmer at work today, i woke up with a bad head this morning,and had irregular breathing again, i just wanted to get this of my chest,thanks for reading my problems sue

jude
08-02-05, 14:28
Hi Sue,
Sorry to hear that your going through a rough time. Try to concentrate on how much better your Dad is going to be when the op is over and done with. When one of our parents is poorly, it is a worry.
Take care
Jude x

jill
08-02-05, 14:38
Hi Sue,

I know it is worrying when one of your family are going through someting like this. I was the same when my mum had a op. The jittery feeling are normal anxiaty I felt the same and I,m 100% better.
Keep those positive thoughts going as jude said think how better your Dad will be after he has recoverd from the op.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

sue447
08-02-05, 14:40
hi jude thanx for reply, im frightened something awful is going to happen to him,i cant stop worrying, it will probably set me back, ill let u know how it goes,im rambling again sorry! sue

seh1980
08-02-05, 14:45
hi Sue,

It is normal to feel the way you do when someone close to us has to have an operation. I'm sure that all will turn out well even though it doesn't seem like this to you now. Once the operation is over and done with, you will feel a lot calmer I can assure you. Let us know how it goes, ok?

Sarah :D

Meg
08-02-05, 14:56
Hi sue,

We're all wishing him and you well !!

Just think how much better he'll feel once he gets this done. No more chest pains - much more active life ...

Tell him to keep taking the vitamin C...

Let us know how each step goes.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Karen
08-02-05, 16:19
Hi Sue

It is natural to worry when someone you care about is having an operation. We wish him well and are here to support you through this.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

FAN
08-02-05, 19:18
hi you know it will be well worth it when you get through the next couple of days hope all goes well and let us know how your feeling

fan x

JPF
08-02-05, 20:27
Sue, good luck for you and your father.

As everyone's said it's perfectly understandable that you'd feel anxious in this situation. I'm sure both you and he will be feeling much better in the coming days.

We're all rooting for you both.

Good luck and good health

J

stimpy
09-02-05, 00:38
It is only natural that you are going to be worried sick.
Anyone would be.

My mum had an arteral by-pass in the stomach a few years go, and it is a very anxious time wondering what is going to happen.

These operations are very common these days.
I'm sure he will be given the best care and attention he needs.

Just think how much better his quality of life will be once he is back on his feet.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Jules31
09-02-05, 14:38
Hi Sue

Like everyone says it is so normal to be anxious in a situation like this. I know several people who have had bypasses and they have all been absolutely fine.

Just reassure yourself that this time you know the reason why you feel anxious.

Let us know how your Dad gets on

Jules

sue447
12-02-05, 14:36
hi all
my dad ended coming home the same day,he never had the op in the end, they told him he had to lose 2 stone,before they do it, theve put him back on the waiting list now.
ive had a rough day today,i woke up with physical feelings i cant explain i think its to do with anxiety though,cause i get the feelings now and again mostly in the mornings,then of course i get panicky,i only seem to get these feelings when i wake up tired, ive felt anxious at work on and off this morning,what can i do to feel better ? from a desperate sue

JPF
12-02-05, 15:30
Hi Sue

I would think the way you are feeling now is purely and simply a reaction to the situation which has just passed. You were under a lot of stress and were anxious and your body won't just switch off from that kind of stimulus overnight..

I would say try to take some active steps towards telling yourself to relax, keep your mind off the things you are worrying about - recognise that they're part of the vicious circle of thinking/panicking - and hold on to the thought that it's a passing phase you're going through and that you will feel better soon.. Give yourself time to adjust, I'm sure your body will start to wind-down very soon but you've also got to try to lend it a helping hand by deliberately trying to calm down and letting go of the thoughts and fears which are making you feel bad...

That's what works for me, mostly! I use Bach's Rescue Remedy (spray) a lot too and that seems to be very helpful.

Good luck and good health

J