PDA

View Full Version : So fed up

kt xxx
14-03-21, 20:10
I’m spiraling out of control again, I’ve been here before really don’t know how to stop worrying.
I had a sinus infection for the first time in October, this set me off worrying, I haven’t felt well since. Had issues with my throat, acid reflux, trouble swallowing and an ache in my throat at the front.
Two weeks ago I had a sore area on the side of my head as if I’d banged it, my neck was extremely stiff, this was followed by a horrendous migraine lasting 10 days, of course I thought this was a brain tumour. I then discovered a boney lump on the side of my head. I panicked and phoned the doctors, he was very straight to the point and basically said i had a cervicognetic headache due to the way I’m sitting working from home 9-5 and the lump was probably a muscle knot. Luckily the headache and brain fog have gone but I’ve now discovered a small red spot on my scalp and getting waves of nausea I’m sure this is skin cancer and the lump is a lymph node and it’s potentially spread to my neck/throat and brain. I don’t feel that I can phone the doctors again. I’m so fed up of worrying every day. Posting on here as I know I’m not alone with daily worrying/panicking. It’s taking up my life, years going by of worrying and upset but unable to stop it..it’s no life.

Fishmanpa
14-03-21, 20:23
I agree... it's no way to live your life. What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

kt xxx
14-03-21, 20:37
Thanks for replying, nothing at the minute. I had 10 weeks of cbt last September, I felt better but it didn’t last long. I can’t help but feel selfish worrying about myself all the time it’s so frustrating but can’t help it. Talking does help but I don’t have many people who will listen at this point. My husband just repeats ‘you’re fine’ and I won’t make the mistake of talking to friends about it again. It’s just hard to get on with life working full time looking after children then worrying 24/7 at the same time.

Fishmanpa
14-03-21, 20:45
CBT takes practice. It's like a mental workout. Stop working out and you get out of shape. Perhaps re-visiting what you learned would prove beneficial.

Positive thoughts

kt xxx
14-03-21, 20:58
That’s very true, it’s easy to think it’s the cure for anxiety but it takes practise. I’ll re-visit it and see if it helps.