PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma fear

portomar1970
15-03-21, 01:46
Hi everyone. I need someone to please talk me down. I have been having some night sweats now on and off for about 1 month. Not drenching night sweats but damp pajamas. Also I just got over a pretty nasty cold.
I read that some of the obvious symptoms of lymphoma are night sweats and infections and now I am convinced I have it. I don’t have any notable enlarged lymph nodes so at least that is good. Can someone please please please talk me down or five me some words of advice.

glassgirlw
15-03-21, 10:48
The night sweats my sister in law had as she battled non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma were drenching, change the sheets type of night sweats.

I don’t think I’d jump to lymphoma just based on the things you’re describing. I’ve had colds before that also caused some minor sweating in the night. I’d think that’s pretty normal?

You don’t mention how old you are or when your last general GP checkup was, so if that’s been awhile it’s never a bad idea to have a checkup.

NotDeadYet
15-03-21, 15:34
Portomar1970,

This isn't concerning at all and I would encourage you to put it out of your mind. Having had a cold recently and with it being winter (heat on, blankets), you are bound to wake up a bit sweaty. I've been waking up a bit sweaty for the past several weeks for these very reasons. As glassgirlw said, lymphoma night sweats are drenching.

Best Wishes