PDA

View Full Version : Temazepam

Tarsh
08-11-07, 02:25
Hi

Has anyone taken Temazepam for sleeping.... if so did you have any side effects did you experience and what dose did you take?

any feedback I would really appreciate.

Thanks

Tarsh

bearcrazy
08-11-07, 10:42
My advice is steer clear. I took temazepam, at a starting dose of 10mg, then I couldnt sleep again so I went up to 20mg, then 40mg, then 60mg which is a massive dose, and was on that for years. It has taken me 9 monthds to taper by switching to diazepam and reducing by 1 mg a week.

Benzo's are OK as a short term low dose, but it doesnt always stay low dose or short term!

Dying_Swan
08-11-07, 12:02
Hello.

I had Temazepam 10mg years ago to help with sleeping. I think I only took them 5 or 6 times, but they did help and, apart from feeling a bit tired the next day, I didn't have any side effects.

I'd definitely listen to what Bear said though - Benzo's are very easy to become dependant on, and you can also become tolerant very quickly so you keep on needing a higher dose to get the same effect.

There's no need to be scared of them - just be careful and don't take them for any longer than you need to. You may find that just a few nights with Temazepam helps re-set your body clock and you won't need any more.

Good luck xxx :flowers:

countrygirl
09-11-07, 22:40
I have occasionally used them over past 20 years if I have been having a bad spell of not sleeping. My Dr was happy to prescribe them if I was only taking them once a week to get a good nights sleep so I could only have one prescription every 6 months! He said just having one good nights sleep a week is better for you and there was no way I could get addicted.

I find that getting to sleep is very psychological unless its certain times of my cycle when its hormonal but I know that is waht it is and only last a couple of nights. Sometimes I could break a tablet into 4 and one tiny bit would send me to boboland but when really stressed and panicking I could take two tablets and still be wide awake.

The occasional tablet maybe once or twice a week will do you no harm but you have to be very very aware that anything more than that and you could have problems

Tarsh
11-11-07, 20:10
Thank you so much for your replies......

Tarsh :hugs: