PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Node Under Jaw/Neck Area

gshan
17-03-21, 16:03
Hello, I have a question regarding a swollen node. I have already confirmed an appointment with my GP now it's just the waiting game.

In the meantime, I'm hoping for some friendly reassurance. I have a noticeably large node under my jaw on the upper neck area. It's raised and very large (compared to the other side of my beck) but it doesn't show from under the skin. It's also very soft and squishy (it hardened a little more perhaps because I prodded it so much). It definitely is raised because the other side of my neck is comparatively less swollen (or not swollen at all). It's not hard or painful, I don't have too much accompanying symptoms, at least not noticeably bad symptoms (I had a little bit of a sore throat that went away with over-the-counter medicine) and even a hoarse voice problem that went away on its own very quickly too.

Jess5566
25-04-21, 22:36
Hello, hope you’re ok!

Hopefully I can give you abit of reassurance!, I’ve got loads of lumps in my neck, and even in my groin, and of course I went straight to a doctor this was 4 years ago I first noticed mine and they told me as long as they’re no bigger than the tip of my thumb and they are mobile, and not increasing in size they are harmless and something I can just feel because I am slim. I still have them all now!

Wishing you well:)