PDA

View Full Version : This time next week I will be recovering from surgery..

ricric
08-11-07, 02:43
Im going under the knife next week next wednesday to be precise and Im soooo scared that I wont survive I mean its only a simple biopsy and I will only be under for about 15 minutes but still Im worried I will die!!!!....

So this could be my last week on earth....sooooo scared!!!!:blush: :blush:

lesleyB
08-11-07, 10:06
Don't worry it will be fine ,I had a major op and was scared but i'm still here. Good luck:yesyes:
Lesleyb

Elly 2
08-11-07, 10:13
Hi ricric, I had 2 ops last year and like you was petrified, but then I asked myself what am I scared of? the answer was I was scared I might not wake up but then I said to myself (sinister I know) well if I don't wake up, I won't know about it which somehow made me feel more relaxed. The fact of the matter is, you WILL wake up and will be absolutely fine, REALLY YOU WILL. I will be thinking about you and sending you positive thoughts. Let us know how you get on, love and hugs
Elly xxx

groovygranny
08-11-07, 20:03
Hiya ricic,

My op was many many years ago but I can remember the pre-op feelings as though they were yesterday!

I remember thinking all sorts of things, (which I won't go into now), one of which was that I was certainly going to die on the operating table...... and the next thing I knew I was being woken up by the nurse and feeling whoosy from the anaesthetic !!

I'm sure it'll be the same for you - try and think ahead to that point past
the operation, and how chuffed you'll be that you got yourself through it!

big hugs for you, and all the best

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:)

shoegal
08-11-07, 20:50
Hi,

I just wanted to say I'm sure everything will be fine. The anxiety before these things is always the worst part.

Good luck. :flowers:

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx