PDA

View Full Version : I had my second covid shot- fear of delayed reaction

meant2live
19-03-21, 01:13
I know I’m adding on to the list of everyone being scared of this...but I’m worried about a delayed reaction to the covid vaccine.

I just had my second Pfizer vaccine 2 days ago. I work in a school, so our group is being processed now.

I tried to talk myself through this and not panic, but I started seeing articles about people my age 30s) dying after the second dose. One, in particular, was several days after.

My side effects were fatigue, achiness, a headache, and some chills. I feel like I’m over that now. Last night, however, I started to get some itchiness on my throat. I tried to ignore it, but it’s continued and now I feel random itchy spots all over. I know that’s a subjective symptom.

I guess I’m concerned about a delayed anaphylactic reaction or some kind of organ shut down, like what happened to the woman from Utah.

I’ve tried to talk myself out of this spiral, but I failed.

Thank you for any help.

pulisa
19-03-21, 08:15
My advice would be to stop "seeing" articles about young people dying from the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Don't go out of the way to terrify yourself with unproven online stories. What's the point?

You're lucky to have had your second dose because you will soon be very well protected from Covid-as much as you can be. Why not concentrate on that instead?

ankietyjoe
19-03-21, 10:01
My advice would be to stop "seeing" articles about young people dying from the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. Don't go out of the way to terrify yourself with unproven online stories. What's the point?

Bingo.

Also, don't watch horror movies when alone in the woods...etc.

Lencoboy
19-03-21, 11:33

You're lucky to have had your second dose because you will soon be very well protected from Covid-as much as you can be. Why not concentrate on that instead?

There are probably a certain amount of sad cases out there who are deliberately on a wind-up and trying to hype up the risks of detrimental vaccine side effects.

We've now moved on from 'video nasties' to misinformation circulating online warping people's minds, even pre-pandemic.