PDA

View Full Version : Blood in stool age 30 year old male...

benson1990
22-03-21, 20:21
Hi so I've had small amounts of blood in my stool for the past two years, I first noticed it when I was in the hospital for a gallbladder flair up, I ended up having my gallbladder out in 2018 and ever since then I've noticed blood intermittently.

Having the gallbladder out has helped me in general but not without some cost, ever since I've had it out I've had minor bowl issues, very soon after a meal I get an extreme urge to go to the bathroom, it's usually fairly loose but not always, after that I may need to go again and the second time is usually waterier than the first and sometimes it can hurt. It usually comes on as a cramp but is relieved the moment I go toilet.

I have terrible anxiety, I'm on a lot of meds for it but I'm really bad at the moment worrying about this, I have a doctors appointment Wednesday and dont no how I'll be able to wait until then my nerves are so frayed.

Don't really no why Im posting this but thanks for reading.

benson1990
22-03-21, 21:56
Since writing this I'm after having a full blown panic attack, just luck I'm at home, I'm terrified I don't no what to do.

nomorepanic
22-03-21, 22:00
Most likely to be piles and/or a tear but the doctor will be best to diagnose things

glassgirlw
22-03-21, 22:02
My husband is the exact same way after having his gallbladder out years ago. He’s had multiple exams and a colonoscopy and all is fine. Just hemorrhoids (piles). Best to have a doc investigate if you have occasional blood especially as long as you’ve had it but yeah I’d be willing to bet it’s not serious since it’s not happening always.

Carys
22-03-21, 22:05
Hi Benson,

Its been two years since this started (thats quite a long time), and you also say its intermittent (which is a good sign), so no need to panic as you are I'm sure about sinister reasons. It sounds like to be honest you need some proper follow-up after your gallbladder removal, and some assistance in working out what is continuing to cause your bowel problems. I really don't know much about the gallbladder, but I know from a neighbour that it can mean that digestion of fat can be difficult and can cause unpleasant bowel movements. I don't know if its medication or dietary changes that can bring about some respite from this - something to talk to your doctor about ?