PDA

View Full Version : Hello to All

ADC
08-02-05, 16:08
Hi All,

My name is Alison,i am 29 and live in Cornwall with my partner of 12 years,Our 2 year old son,a jack Russell,a rabbit and a guinea pig.

I have been suffering from Post Natal depression for 2 years and although i am almost recovered from the depression,i have been left with no confidence,low self esteem and terrible anxiety.

I was a Retail branch manager for 12 years prior to having my son,and was very much absorbed in my work at that time,due to my illness,i was off sick for over a year and my employer ended my contract of employment in march 2004.

I have been seeing a CPN on a regular basis since the birth of my son,and last week was referred to a lady at the local surgery to help me control my anxiety with some sessions.

I have been reguarly using a post natal website and was a member of the sites forum,however i feel i now need to focus on the anxiety rather than the post natal depression.

I am very pleased that i have found this site and that it will become useful for me with the understanding of other members.

Alison xx

I am struggling with anxiety folllowing post natal depression

Karen
08-02-05, 16:15
Hi Alison

Welcome to the site. I'm glad to hear you are almost over the post-natal depression so well done for that.

I'm sure you will get some good help and support to enable you to get over the anxiety too.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

bluebottle
08-02-05, 16:43
Hi Alison,

Your very welcome to the forum, and I'm sure you will find a lot of help and support here.

Regards,

Blue

Meg
08-02-05, 17:05
Hi Alison,

Glad you're doing so well on the depression side of things.

tell us a bit more about your anxiety and how it affects you and we'll see how we can help and advise you .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

seh1980
08-02-05, 17:12
hi Alison,

Welcome aboard!! I hope we can all help you and get to know you better.

Sarah :D

ADC
08-02-05, 17:13
Hi,
Thanks for such a nice welcome,it certainly makes a big difference.

My anxiety is affecting my life,i am frightened to answer the telephone,through fear of knowing what to say and holding a conversation,I avoid meeting/seeing people i know either through work or school,so avoid going into my local town as much as i can.I put my sons name down for a nursery back in November 04,and still cant bring myself to take him,its only over the road from where i live,but i just cant face going.

I dont like being in large groups or in situations that i have no control over.

These are all things that have happened since having my son,as i was okay before.I felt very anxious today while at my parents house,was getting more and more wound up inside not knowing what to do with myself.Felling like i wanted to go home,but worrying how i would cope once i got home.

I have to go now,but will be back this evening.

Thanks,Alison xx

I am struggling with anxiety folllowing post natal depression

FAN
08-02-05, 18:01
hi welcome to the site there are lots of useful postings on here which im sure will really help you cope better

fan x

JPF
08-02-05, 19:24
Hi Alison

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to read about how you've been feeling but the good news is that you've found this place and it will make a big difference to you, I'm sure. It has for me! It's full of a lot of very nice people who understand how you're feeling and it's also brimming with helpful information which will enable you to tackle how you're feeling!

Good luck and good health

J

jill
08-02-05, 19:33
Hi Alison

Welcome to the site.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX