PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue

DL45
23-03-21, 08:10
Has anybody had liver problems and had fatigue?

I am waiting results currently, terrified totally, but have developed this last fortnight a fatigue which zaps my energy to do anything much (my despondency zaps the rest) so I am doing little bits here and there. But what worries me more is how I am sleeping - I have worked shifts all my working life so when I retired I really didn't sleep well, my body clock didn't really adjust, I would probably get maximum of 5hrs a night then every 10 days or so, I would just hit a brick wall and go for a nap and feel refreshed - and so it continued. But this past fortnight I am sleeping through getting around 7-8hrs every night, waking in the night a couple of times but then nodding off again.

Whilst this is something I should celebrate, it fill me with fear as I have read so much that fatigue such as this can be a key sign of advanced liver disease. I know I have a fatty liver for many years, and worsening pain in liver area which only goes away by lying down. I also have H pylori.

I just see no future anymore.

glassgirlw
23-03-21, 10:49
Excessive fatigue can also be directly tied to anxiety - which you’re suffering from immensely right now going by your various threads. I’m sorry you’re stuck in this spiral. I hope it gets better for you soon!

DL45
23-03-21, 13:09
Excessive fatigue can also be directly tied to anxiety - which you’re suffering from immensely right now going by your various threads. I’m sorry you’re stuck in this spiral. I hope it gets better for you soon!

thank you for your response glassgirlw.......I know you are right - anxiety can floor us in so many different ways. I know I need to try to be more rational and deal with what is only there rather than what I perceive to be there.......but what is there is frightening the life out of me, so its not so easy to do!!!

thank you again x

DL45
24-03-21, 10:35
Good one day, feel worse the next. So yesterday I had very little fatigue, very little liver pain, and felt quite positive (I am waiting on blood results which I am terrified about), even thought I looked better, although I had several episodes of my face burning up (not menopause I am 12 years past that). Today I feel back to square one - got pinching pain around liver, feel nauseous, look gaunt.

How does your body do this unless there is something very wrong?