PDA

View Full Version : On the edge because of this "weekly" headache especially when I lie down :(

skyisblue
23-03-21, 10:30
Hi all, I'm a 30 year old male who has been battling with on and off health anxiety for years now.

Recently, for the past few months, I've been getting these weird headaches like once a week. Sometimes it would last for a whole day. The pain isn't so bad. If I were to rate it 1 to 10 (with 10 as worst), mine would probably be around 3 to 4. The pain tends to be around the forehead or on top of my head, NOT at the back or at my nape.

It's strange because I tend to get them when I am stuck at home or just lying down. It goes away immediately when I get up, walk or be active.

I am terrified of hypertension as my BP tends to get elevated when I get cuffed (some doctors say it's just whitecoat syndrome) although I have always been anxious around getting my readings. I am planning to get into a medical check up as soon as the pandemic slows down. For now, my doctors think my BP isn't worrysome considering my age and weight.

But then I Googled just now that when you have a headache and it gets worse after lying down, it is most likely a brain tumor. https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAAAAAP///yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7 Fortunately, I don't have any other symptoms such as vision changes, nausea or anything.

I am so scared. I just can't fathom why this headache is worse if I lie down. I know this headache will go away after I sleep it off, but I just can't think of the worst case scenarios https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAAAAAP///yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

Lucinda07
23-03-21, 11:25
I know nothing about head aches. However, googling symptoms does not help. Information relevant to YOU is required. In the circumstances, I would either ring 111 or book a GPs appointment - a telephone consultation may be suitable.

Fishmanpa
23-03-21, 12:18
I agree about contacting the GP if you're really that concerned, but to call emergency over this is a bit much IMO. If it were really serious, it would be constant. The fact it only happens once in a while goes away when moving around and goes away with a good night's sleep points to stress or some other benign reason. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Dr. Google. He's a quack!

Positive thoughts