PDA

View Full Version : Concerned that pain in my sternum could be linked to a lung issue.

beq45
23-03-21, 21:32
I’m 29, and I’ve noticed that I’ve had a dull pain in my sternum for at least a week that seems to get worse when I pull my shoulders forward and create tension in that area. I’ve also had random pains in both sides of my chest, but those pains have gone away. I’ve also had a lot of indigestion and post nasal drip lately, but I’m not sure if that’s related or not...It seems like the common concern people have with pain in this area is that they have a heart issue, but I’m concerned about lung cancer. I almost convinced myself I was having trouble breathing a few days ago due to having to clear my throat a lot because of the post nasal drip and nasal congestion, but I’ve been doing high-intensity workouts without any issues, so I figure I don’t have any real trouble breathing. I also haven’t had any coughing or weight loss. The main reason why I’m concerned about lung cancer is because I smoked maybe around a pack of cigarettes when I was in college (over a long period of time) and have smoked a few cigars over the years as well, but I’ve been a complete non-smoker for most of my life, besides those exceptions I just mentioned.

nomorepanic
23-03-21, 22:27
Doesn't sound anything like lung cancer to me