PDA

View Full Version : Activities this Spring Season

meltedchic
24-03-21, 22:01
Hey everyone,

Hoping all is well.

Let us take a little break from our usual convos and thread. Spring season is here and I wanted to plan for an activity for my son. He is already getting bored for a year of being in the house. And I want him to have fun this season but of course be safe and protected from the virus and all unhealthy things around.

Any suggestions? Do you have Spring plans too? I would love if you share it too.

WiredIncorrectly
24-03-21, 22:13
Walking. Lots of walking :) This spring/summer I plan to get in 10 miles a day ... once my fitbit arrives ha ha.

Scissel
24-03-21, 22:57
Looking forward to getting some real VitD :)

glassgirlw
25-03-21, 00:29
How old is your son? When my daughter was young we used to love taking “nature walks”. We’d make it kind of a scavenger hunt. Make a list ahead of time of things you know you’ll probably see - can make it super easy if he’s really young (bug, flower, tree, etc). And make it a little tougher if he’s old enough to distinguish a ladybug from a butterfly lol. Anyway, my daughter loved it, and even now at 21 she loves just being outside appreciating nature.

meltedchic
25-03-21, 04:52
Walking. Lots of walking :) This spring/summer I plan to get in 10 miles a day ... once my fitbit arrives ha ha.

Wow 10miles is an achievement! That is quite a looooongggg walk but a good one! I think I want to have that too - I need it since I gained weight sad to say hahaha.

Looking forward to getting some real VitD :)
Same here, that is why i want to go to the beach somehow. We really need nature's Vit D :D

How old is your son? When my daughter was young we used to love taking “nature walks”. We’d make it kind of a scavenger hunt. Make a list ahead of time of things you know you’ll probably see - can make it super easy if he’s really young (bug, flower, tree, etc). And make it a little tougher if he’s old enough to distinguish a ladybug from a butterfly lol. Anyway, my daughter loved it, and even now at 21 she loves just being outside appreciating nature.

My son is in his teen years and really love nature - plants, insects, animals, and the like. I will list your suggestion, it is a good one. And he will learn a lot too and it is a way to get off hours from his gadget. Thank you so much for this suggestion.

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 12:13
Same here, that is why i want to go to the beach somehow. We really need nature's Vit D :D

If you can do so safely I would :) I'd love to have a car and go drive to the lake district and camp out for a few days.

meltedchic
01-04-21, 01:13
If you can do so safely I would :) I'd love to have a car and go drive to the lake district and camp out for a few days.

Hey there @WiredIncorrectly (hehe nice name)

I bumped into an article that is timely - https://www.theechonews.com/article/2021/03/jqkgwsyqygladgz.
It is a good article I must say, you may want to check it out. Hope we could enjoy the Spring!

Noivous
01-04-21, 19:26
Hi Meltedchic

Well a couple of things that would be fun if you're into nature are setting up a critter cam, some call it a trail cam, with motion detection and night vision. Lots of cool things go on at night in the wild. Also, and this could get a little pricey possibly, a drone camera. The kids next door have one and it's really cool.

So far in my backyard - skunk, raccoon, deer, fox, coyote, rabbit, turkey, fisher cat, bear.

So I gotta ask - Spartans or Wolverines?

N.

Noivous
01-04-21, 19:29
Oh yeah a bald eagle, hawks, and several owls.