PDA

View Full Version : Profuse Sweating

WiredIncorrectly
24-03-21, 22:46
It's about day 3 since I cut my meds cold turkey. Mentally I am doing fine but tonight I suddenly started sweating really bad. I'm drenched. Sat with windows open wiping myself with a towel.

I'm keeping the anxiety away, but needless to say I took my medications pronto.

I just need some assurance the sweating is a result of that. I usually wake up this wet from my sleep, but never had sweating like this in the day time. Not even in the summer.

Literally as I was writing this I had to close the windows. It just went very cold.

The only reason I'm not freaking out is because I feel fine otherwise. But brownie points to me for not having a panic attack during this **** :roflmao:

nomorepanic
24-03-21, 22:56
Why did you do that can I ask?

WiredIncorrectly
24-03-21, 23:16
Why did you do that can I ask?

Hey Nic,

Because I feel great. Without the medications I feel alive, awake, I can feel emotions, I can enjoy a bedroom night life. I've been really happy recently in general. I feel like I've took 2 step backwards taking the medications. It makes my feeling of success feel like misjudgment, or failure. I'm still upbeat about it all though.

pulisa
25-03-21, 08:03
But you've taken the meds again? Why do you mess around with your meds? What do you think will happen if you go cold turkey..particularly from paroxetine? Is it worth the buzz?

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 11:38
But you've taken the meds again? Why do you mess around with your meds? What do you think will happen if you go cold turkey..particularly from paroxetine? Is it worth the buzz?

Read above.

BlueIris
25-03-21, 11:49
Do you really think you'll be able to keep yourself safe without your meds, James?

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 12:07
Do you really think you'll be able to keep yourself safe without your meds, James?

I do. But I think it's common to have a sense of being recovered. Lots of people stop their meds because they feel ok to later end up in a worse hole. I don't want to be on them. It's all just trial and error to seek a better outcome in life.

But after last nights strange sweating experience I took them and that went away. I don't want to put my body through uncomfortable stuff like that.

pulisa
25-03-21, 12:35
There's stopping your meds under medical supervision and there's stopping your meds because you felt like it..at the time. These are powerful drugs and you can't just mess around with them. It's not fair on your family.

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 13:29
There's stopping your meds under medical supervision and there's stopping your meds because you felt like it..at the time. These are powerful drugs and you can't just mess around with them. It's not fair on your family.

I know. It's easy to forget that when the head feels well. It was a bit too quick jumping the gun after having a few good days. Today is still a good though :) I forgot what it feels like to cold turkey and tell myself I'll be fine.

Fishmanpa
25-03-21, 13:44

A very serious question based on your recent history. Coming off psychotropics is tricky at best and should be done under a doctor's supervision. Doing so cold turkey can cause a plethora of side effects and can be devastating both physically and mentally.

FMP

BlueIris
25-03-21, 13:47
When I was young and knew no better, I came off paroxetine cold turkey. I'd been on it for a month, and it took me six months to get clear of the withdrawals. It was 18 years before I got the courage up to try another SSRI.

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 15:02
When I was young and knew no better, I came off paroxetine cold turkey. I'd been on it for a month, and it took me six months to get clear of the withdrawals. It was 18 years before I got the courage up to try another SSRI.

Wow 18 years! Did the Paroxetine experience put you off? Paroxetine is the one that causes the most side effects with withdrawing.

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 15:05
A very serious question based on your recent history. Coming off psychotropics is tricky at best and should be done under a doctor's supervision. Doing so cold turkey can cause a plethora of side effects and can be devastating both physically and mentally.

FMP

There is that. Part of that experience I went through somebody said "All you do is sit in your house on medications". It was said in a mocking tone.

BlueIris
25-03-21, 15:07
Paroxetine was what put me off, yes. I never wanted to be medicated for my MH issues again after that particular nightmare. Oh, and while I was coming off I was also commuting to London via train and tube; still can't believe I did that with full-on, constant brain zaps.

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 15:12
Paroxetine was what put me off, yes. I never wanted to be medicated for my MH issues again after that particular nightmare. Oh, and while I was coming off I was also commuting to London via train and tube; still can't believe I did that with full-on, constant brain zaps.

I remember I went without for 5 days last summer. I was walking the dogs and every step I took my brain zapped. If I moved my eyes, my brain zapped.

Oooh I've been on the tube a few times. I liked it. I managed to navigate the system fairly well. First time I used the tube I was in Brixton for 4 days doing a video course. My manager sent me down there from Birmingham. It was scary carrying expensive video experiment through Brixton.

Do you like the tube?

BlueIris
25-03-21, 15:16
I love the tube, I love trains, I love trams and I love (vintage) buses.

I turned 44 last week, and I still get excited like a kid whenever I got to travel somewhere by train. The tube's my favourite, though, even though I lived and worked in London for a few years.

Currently trying to persuade Mr. Iris that we need a luxury car on the Caledonian Sleeper for our next holiday.

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 16:08
I love the tube, I love trains, I love trams and I love (vintage) buses.

I turned 44 last week, and I still get excited like a kid whenever I got to travel somewhere by train. The tube's my favourite, though, even though I lived and worked in London for a few years.

Currently trying to persuade Mr. Iris that we need a luxury car on the Caledonian Sleeper for our next holiday.

Ah me too. I love classic steam trains. I love old carriages too. It was always my dream to build an awesome railway in the attic.

For a moment I thought you owned a Caledonian Sleeper and you want to persuade Mr. Iris to buy you the car for it :roflmao:

I love barges. You into those? I slept on once for a few nights. The first morning was surreal waking up to seeing water at your eyeline. My hands go all tingly when you have to walk across the locks to open the gates. They're sweating now thinking about it. I love the canal but I'm not a fan of those docks. They're scary and huge.

A few of the locks have nothing to hold onto. That's hairy.

ankietyjoe
25-03-21, 16:11
I was born in London.

The novelty of tube travel wears off fast, trust me.

BlueIris
25-03-21, 16:12
Oh god yes, barges are brilliant too. If I didn't have so much stuff I'd dearly love to live on a houseboat.

I also love flying; haven't been gliding in decades but that was probably my favourite out of everything.

@Joe All I can say is that it never wore off for me. I know this may say something about my emotional maturity ;)

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 16:14
Oh god yes, barges are brilliant too. If I didn't have so much stuff I'd dearly love to live on a houseboat.

I also love flying; haven't been gliding in decades but that was probably my favourite out of everything.

I'd love to do gliding too. I bet once you're in the air the fear quickly goes away. Sounds amazing to see the world from up high.

Are you talking about the seated gliders or the ones you hang onto? I watch them all the time on Youtube.

BlueIris
25-03-21, 16:15
The seated gliders - never been hang gliding, although I'd love to. When you're in a glider it's like you're swimming, but in the air - you can feel the currents moving around you like water.

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 16:15
I was born in London.

The novelty of tube travel wears off fast, trust me.

It's like a little adventure going deep into the tunnels. If you had to do that every day though I can see it becoming monotonous. I had to lug an MPC 60 in a heavy flight case across London on the tube. Surprised nobody robbed me.

glassgirlw
25-03-21, 16:16
You guys are making me sweaty and twitchy with all this talk about gliding :roflmao:I’m over here with the positive self talk, just trying to boost my confidence to board a regular airplane post-Covid lol

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 16:16
The seated gliders - never been hang gliding, although I'd love to. When you're in a glider it's like you're swimming, but in the air - you can feel the currents moving around you like water.

That sounds amazing. Some people own one and just get up and go in it. I haven't seen people do that in the UK but lots of people in US do it.

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 16:17
You guys are making me sweaty and twitchy with all this talk about gliding :roflmao:I’m over here with the positive self talk, just trying to boost my confidence to board a regular airplane post-Covid lol

Planes are a breeze according to my brother. He's been everywhere around the world. I've still yet to board a plane. Valium will help if you're nervous. Where you flying?

glassgirlw
25-03-21, 16:44
Planes are a breeze according to my brother. He's been everywhere around the world. I've still yet to board a plane. Valium will help if you're nervous. Where you flying?

Yeah I’m so mental that I can’t take any drugs either. So I’ll just have to tough it out.

It will be quite some time before we’ll go, but planning a trip to Ireland and Scotland once things are deemed safe enough for international travel again. So definitely no time soon. But two places I have always wanted to see, it’s just my bad luck I have to fly over an ocean to get there :roflmao:

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 17:14
Yeah I’m so mental that I can’t take any drugs either. So I’ll just have to tough it out.

It will be quite some time before we’ll go, but planning a trip to Ireland and Scotland once things are deemed safe enough for international travel again. So definitely no time soon. But two places I have always wanted to see, it’s just my bad luck I have to fly over an ocean to get there :roflmao:

Scotland is beautiful. The city is like any other city but the country side and mountains are beautiful. My other brother lived in a remote part of Scotland for 2 years while he worked on the railways. I'm Irish but never been to Ireland. Wexford is were my Grandad was from. That's a beautiful area too. I don't know much about places in Ireland.

glassgirlw
25-03-21, 17:30
Scotland is beautiful. The city is like any other city but the country side and mountains are beautiful. My other brother lived in a remote part of Scotland for 2 years while he worked on the railways. I'm Irish but never been to Ireland. Wexford is were my Grandad was from. That's a beautiful area too. I don't know much about places in Ireland.

My ancestry (really, really far back) is primarily Irish and English. I’ve always had a fascination with Ireland, and I desperately want to visit the UK as well but I figured to start small with Ireland/Scotland in one trip, then someday do another for the UK, Italy, and France.

WiredIncorrectly
25-03-21, 18:04
My ancestry (really, really far back) is primarily Irish and English. I’ve always had a fascination with Ireland, and I desperately want to visit the UK as well but I figured to start small with Ireland/Scotland in one trip, then someday do another for the UK, Italy, and France.

Good choices. London is very expensive. Stay clear.

meltedchic
25-03-21, 22:08

I would really want to visit Scotland as well as Switzerland. I wish someday to set my foot on those places. They are damn so beautiful :D And how I wish people are kind and nice too.

WiredIncorrectly
27-03-21, 12:43
I would really want to visit Scotland as well as Switzerland. I wish someday to set my foot on those places. They are damn so beautiful :D And how I wish people are kind and nice too.

All these years I thought Switzerland was up by Norway. I only just noticed it's next to France. And when the heck did Germany get so big?! I'm pretty sure these maps have changed :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
27-03-21, 15:41
All these years I thought Switzerland was up by Norway. I only just noticed it's next to France. And when the heck did Germany get so big?! I'm pretty sure these maps have changed :roflmao:

My GF once told me she went on a coach trip across some European countries with her parents when she was younger. The border from Switzerland to France had a big roadside board poster up saying you are now entering France. The picture showed an old banger driving into a dustbin :roflmao:

WiredIncorrectly
27-03-21, 18:10
This is all messed up and I'm quite annoyed now.

Since taking the medications I am now experiencing the **** I wanted to escape from.

I keep waking up in a panic attack with a fast heartrate. I am tired all the time. I sleep lots. I have MORE panic attacks. I have bouts of tachycardia (without panic).

I've got a sever lack of focus and drive.

I can't win either way here. It's the opposite from how I was when I didn't take the medications.

Fishmanpa
27-03-21, 20:46
This is all messed up and I'm quite annoyed now.

Since taking the medications I am now experiencing the **** I wanted to escape from.

I keep waking up in a panic attack with a fast heartrate. I am tired all the time. I sleep lots. I have MORE panic attacks. I have bouts of tachycardia (without panic).

I've got a sever lack of focus and drive.

I can't win either way here. It's the opposite from how I was when I didn't take the medications.

Dude... you threw your system out of whack going cold turkey and then starting back up again. Your mind and body need to stabilize. It would be prudent to contact your doctor, let them know what you did and get professional advice.

FMP

gronk
28-03-21, 04:17
Don't do it bro. These meds mess with your brain

They got a forum called survivingantidepressants what will give you a reduction plan to come offa paroxetune. I know they recommend 10% reduction at a time

WiredIncorrectly
28-03-21, 15:23
Dude... you threw your system out of whack going cold turkey and then starting back up again. Your mind and body need to stabilize. It would be prudent to contact your doctor, let them know what you did and get professional advice.

FMP

I'm ok health wise Fishmanpa. I've taken these medications for a long time and the side effects are always the same. I don't want medications to do this to me, and I don't want to live in this medicated state. But the doctor would never agree so I can't discuss it with her. That's why I feel stuck.

pulisa
28-03-21, 17:52
But are you only seeing a GP now?

WiredIncorrectly
28-03-21, 18:05
But are you only seeing a GP now?

Yeah lol. My partner is going through the complaints process as we speak about all of this. That's part of the reason I want to just quit them because I'm on medications that I've been told are wrong. When I went to A&E last year during a manic episode I was told by the mental health team there that I am on completely the wrong medications. This was noted in my notes. Yet here I am still on the same meds. The last time I spoke with psychiatry they put me on quetiapine then discharged back to doctor after a 5 minute phone call.

I'm already on the wrong meds, but if I tell doctor any of this she will say this is what psychiatry has recommended. Oh, and doctor still not allowed to touch my meds only psychiatry, but I've been discharged.

I wish I had the money to deal with this legally via a solicitor.

pulisa
28-03-21, 19:41
The GP can refer you back to your CMHRS if it's on your notes that your meds need to be reviewed.

How are you getting on with the quetiapine? What dose are you on?

WiredIncorrectly
28-03-21, 20:22
Still on the 25mg. I thought they were putting me up but just says one at night. I will have to ask her to review my notes from the time I went to the hospital. Got to try and remember all the dates now. I don't really notice anything with them.

pulisa
29-03-21, 08:00
That's a tiny dose. I'm not sure what that's meant to achieve? It would be good if you could get a referral from your GP for another psychiatric assessment and then you could get some consistency with your meds regime? All the details about your hospital visit will be on your notes so you don't have to remember exact dates.

I can imagine that it will be hard to see a psychiatrist on the NHS at the moment though.

WiredIncorrectly
29-03-21, 13:01
That's a tiny dose. I'm not sure what that's meant to achieve? It would be good if you could get a referral from your GP for another psychiatric assessment and then you could get some consistency with your meds regime? All the details about your hospital visit will be on your notes so you don't have to remember exact dates.

I can imagine that it will be hard to see a psychiatrist on the NHS at the moment though.

Yeah I read that dose has no therapeutic use. I do believe one of the reasons I was sent back to GP was because it was difficult for them to provide any care during the current situation. I've got a callback on Friday to discuss with my doctor so I can get some idea of what's going on and discuss my recent issues.

pulisa
29-03-21, 13:42
My son has continued seeing an NHS psychiatrist and psychologist throughout the pandemic. I think you are being fobbed off.

WiredIncorrectly
29-03-21, 14:07
That's what frustrates me pulisa and makes me think what's the point in following medical advice when they're giving me the wrong meds, and are not very interested in helping me.

pulisa
29-03-21, 19:47
If you say that your meds aren't helping you then your GP will have to refer you to the psychiatrist again? The very least you could have is a telephone consultation.

WiredIncorrectly
30-03-21, 18:43
If you say that your meds aren't helping you then your GP will have to refer you to the psychiatrist again? The very least you could have is a telephone consultation.

This is what happened. I had a telephone consultation and was told to give quetiapine a try. And then they handed me back to the care of my doctor with instruction not to alter my medications.

pulisa
30-03-21, 21:10
Not ever?

WiredIncorrectly
30-03-21, 21:41
Not ever?

For anything relating to mental health the doctor can not alter.

pulisa
31-03-21, 08:24
So you could be referred back at any time for a meds review though?

WiredIncorrectly
31-03-21, 22:54
So you could be referred back at any time for a meds review though?

Yeah. For example, if I asked the doctor to change the paroxetine she would have to speak to them directly. If I have worsening of symptoms she would have to make a referral again.

pulisa
01-04-21, 08:30
Yeah. For example, if I asked the doctor to change the paroxetine she would have to speak to them directly. If I have worsening of symptoms she would have to make a referral again.

Precisely. So this is your way back to secondary services.

WiredIncorrectly
01-04-21, 13:33
Precisely. So this is your way back to secondary services.

Ooooooh. I see what you mean now. Smart :shades: