PDA

View Full Version : Short of breath talking/ walking since workout

Twisted-Melody
26-03-21, 08:03
Hello. I've just started getting into yoga and for the last month it was going really well! So I did 2 days in a row and somehow really struggled with a short 15min session. It was quite intense and I didn't really warm up, but I became dizzy halfway and had to slow down. That evening, I barely had the energy to talk. This was 3 days ago and it feels slightly improved each day, but I walked up a hill and my heart felt like it was jumping around afterwards. I also just walked to buy groceries today and was short of breath again. I'm not feeling dizzy anymore, but it feels like my chest is full of cement. Logic points I probably just pulled some chest muscles, but they don't hurt on movement or when touched. It's got me worrying if I've damaged my heart, lungs or have a mild case of covid. I often injure myself when I try to get fit, then give up on the exercise because the anxiety around the injury is too much. :weep: Is this normal or should I see a doctor?

ankietyjoe
26-03-21, 08:53
My experience with this over the years is that it can be a combination of muscle tension and too much exercise, too soon.

Dizziness - muscle tension
Shortness of breath - muscle tension
Fatigue - too much exercise

The stress/anxious body needs time to rest between working out, and yoga is way, way harder than most people think it is.