PDA

View Full Version : Lumpy inner bottom lip :(

alcopop
26-03-21, 18:42
Hi all

I'm really trying hard not to panic about this, but does anyone else have a weirdly lumpy purple-tinged bottom lip (on the inside)?

When I pull my bottom lip right down, exposing my lower gums, it looks like a really uneven lumpy surface to the inner lip.

All the images I can find online of bottom lips, they all look smooth and pink with no lumpiness...

Thanks in advance.

Fishmanpa
26-03-21, 18:45
My question is why would you do this type of self-examination and what in the heck were you looking for? We're not made of porcelain so I wouldn't expect every surface of our bodies to be perfect and pristine so.....

FMP

alcopop
26-03-21, 18:49
Hi FishMan. Good question - To be honest, I have been having wisdom tooth problems for years now, with pain and impactedness etc... and I heard somewhere that a woman's wisdom tooth led to mouth cancer.... so eventually I was checking all areas of my mouth for any signs of mouth cancer. That's when I noticed how lumpy the lower lip tissue is.... and I panicked, "simple" as that!

Fishmanpa
26-03-21, 18:52
Well there you go then. Appreciate the honesty and you know you're fine :winks:

PS: Stop doing that!

FMP

Debsi77
26-03-21, 20:52
Hi just a quick reassurance that this is totally normal for your mouth and absolutely nothing to worry about at all. Also I have never heard of a link between wisdom teeth and oral cancer in my 27 years in the world of dentistry - hope this helps

alcopop
26-03-21, 21:37
Thanks, both. You have jointly reassured me on all fronts <3

Debsi77
26-03-21, 23:07
Happy to help :)