PDA

View Full Version : High Eye pressure giving me anxiety attacks over Brain tumor worry

nhelen79
26-03-21, 22:38
Hi all
So glaucoma runs into my family. Mom has it. Uncle has it. I always have borderline eye pressure (19-21 fluctuating). My optometrist sending me for glaucoma work-up even though he told me that my optic nerves from picture taken 7 years ago still no change with latest pic taken last month. That I shall not worry too much because he just wants a detailed base line given glaucoma runs in my family.

Welll 7 years ago, I had a moment where someone was speaking to me and I blanked out. I was stressed out or lack of sleep because I just had a baby. At that time I didn’t have health anxiety so I didn’t really pay attention.

Past forward now 7 years later with health anxiety kicking in, I’m afraid that high eye pressures can also mean a possibility of a brain tumor? I’m so scared of the upcoming ophthalmologist appointment where they will look in details of my eyes.

Oh yeah and I just found out someone I knew had a brain tumor removed after her stroke :(

I’m trying to logicalize that I had some neuro exams for dizziness a few times within these years and nothing has sparked doctors’ attention. And if I do have it, I must have symptoms right? I have borderline blood pressure so maybe that contribute to my eye pressure.

Sorry for the long rant.

Chlobo
28-03-21, 10:15
Heya. It sounds to me like you’re putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a million.

Your eye doctor based on your history has a duty of care to send you for those tests and that’s the only reason he is.
If you had a brain tumour that was causing eye pressure, the pressure would be so great he would of referred you for a scan, and you’ve said the pressure hasn’t increased since last time.
I mean, you’d know by now if you had a brain tumour if symptoms started 7 years ago. Brain tumours aren’t shy. And you’d be having a lot more symptoms.
I wouldn’t give what happened 7 years ago when you were talking to someone anseconds thought. We all have moments like that, especially when we’re mums

nhelen79
29-03-21, 22:05
Heya. It sounds to me like you’re putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with a million.

Your eye doctor based on your history has a duty of care to send you for those tests and that’s the only reason he is.
If you had a brain tumour that was causing eye pressure, the pressure would be so great he would of referred you for a scan, and you’ve said the pressure hasn’t increased since last time.
I mean, you’d know by now if you had a brain tumour if symptoms started 7 years ago. Brain tumours aren’t shy. And you’d be having a lot more symptoms.
I wouldn’t give what happened 7 years ago when you were talking to someone anseconds thought. We all have moments like that, especially when we’re mums

Thanks. My eye pressure has been fluctuated in the past 2-3 years around the borderline. However my vision health is stable (no damage he can see from optic nerves by comparing pics from 7 years ago with current snaps and basic Vision tests) according to the optometrist.

I’m literally adding 2+2 = million due to my anxiety. I’ve not googled symptoms and avoid anything with this fear. Appt with ophthalmologist is 4/9 and to be honest with you, the fear is there. However, I know I need to face it. I have no control whatever happens will happen.