PDA

View Full Version : Worried I could get COVID from my Amazon package....

anxious_thoughts
30-03-21, 00:52
I知 having such bad anxiety right now.
Today I got an Amazon package, I opened the envelope and a gush of air came out towards my face...I know it sounds silly but now I知 anxious that I could get COVID if the person that handled my package has it.

COVID has really heightened my anxiety this last year :(

ankietyjoe
30-03-21, 10:39
No

nomorepanic
30-03-21, 12:21
Absolutely not

Carys
30-03-21, 12:31
Just no. Wash your hands after handling the outside package though, as that does have a miniscule/hardly there at all/nearly nothing risk.....but has been handled all through the postal/courier system. I use gel after handling anything that has come from outside the house at the moment.

fizzymoon86
30-03-21, 14:18
No, it痴 not possible. The waft of air is likely just the waft of movement of the cardboard as you opened the parcel. Just wash hands and you値l be fine [emoji3526]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lencoboy
30-03-21, 16:34
I don't think it's likely.

My dad mentioned the other day about something he had heard on TV about Covid not actually settling on objects/surfaces, but mostly being airborne in confined and poorly ventilated indoor environments.

This time last year I was more concerned about what the OP is worried about, and we used to sanitise our shopping up until around last September, and my dad finally found out that such measures were actually unwarranted due to what I said above, but we had been erring on the side of caution prior to then with our concerns eventually becoming unfounded.

As long as the packaging is binned straight away, and we wash our hands thoroughly afterwards, we should be OK.

debs71
30-03-21, 17:47
I believe that this idea that Covid can be transmitted via cardboard or packages has within the last few days been proven totally wrong.

You will be fine. Just wash your hands after opening it. That's all.

For the record, I have been receiving tons and tons of Amazon packages and boxes over the past year. I have rarely, if at all washed my hands after opening a single one and I am just fine.

Don't worry any more about this. x