PDA

View Full Version : Johnson and Johnson vaccine

NancyW
30-03-21, 03:14
The vaccine thread went wayward sooo...

Have any of you gotten the J&J vaccine? My husband and I are eyeing this one up.

Any feedback?

glassgirlw
30-03-21, 11:22
I had Pfizer - so I can’t comment on J&J really - but hopefully AntsyVee will chime in because I think she had J&J!

Sunflower318
31-03-21, 03:43
I have an appt to get it on Friday. I'm interested in what people have to say about it

Sunflower318
01-04-21, 04:56
Nobody here has had the johnson and johnson shot??

MyNameIsTerry
01-04-21, 05:00
It's just OAZ and Pfizer over here and with most members being from the UK it's probably why.

If the protection, safety profile and side effects are about the same perhaps that opens up a greater number of members?

Sunflower318
01-04-21, 05:11
We have the JJ, moderns and Pfizer here. The JJ one is more like a flu shot and they say it's less effective as a whole. But when it was being tested it was later on when all the variants were going around. I'm really torn on which one to get. Most people are getting the 2 dose shot because it's 95% effective but wasn't tested on the variants. .

Pamplemousse
01-04-21, 10:17
It's just OAZ and Pfizer over here and with most members being from the UK it's probably why.

If the protection, safety profile and side effects are about the same perhaps that opens up a greater number of members?

I think there was talk of up to eight vaccines being available to the UK in time but as far as I know the J&J vaccine is yet to be approved by the MHRA (a bit like the US FDA for our overseas readers).

Carys
01-04-21, 12:24
You guys in the US can choose ?

Sunflower318
01-04-21, 13:34
For the most part, yes. Certain shots aren't available in some areas. Like thr JJ one is in more rural areas because it's easier tp store.

glassgirlw
01-04-21, 13:35
You guys in the US can choose ?

Yep if the location you’re being vaccinated at has multiple brands available, we can choose. For me, my doc office only has Pfizer available so that’s what I took lol. But I know of others that have been able to choose between Pfizer and J&J.

NancyW
01-04-21, 18:29
Yes but J$J is not as available as Moderna and Pfizer. Now there was an issue that ruined 15 million doses so I don't know how that will affect those of us looking for it.

NancyW
03-04-21, 16:16
I have an appt to get it on Friday. I'm interested in what people have to say about it

How did it go?

glassgirlw
03-04-21, 17:56
How did it go?

i think I read on another thread that she decided to postpone her shot.

AntsyVee
03-04-21, 18:10
Yes, I had J & J, no side effects except some tiredness. Not even a sore arm!

NancyW
04-04-21, 22:04

That's great thank you

glassgirlw
04-04-21, 23:28
My daughter got the J&J yesterday! Today she only has a sore arm, no other side effects to speak of!

NancyW
06-04-21, 01:39

Hopefully it will be alittle closer to me at some point here, don't feel like driving across the state to get it.